These Keto Butter Chicken Meatballs are going to be your new favorite dinner! With so many incredible Indian flavors going on, this dish will delight your taste buds! These meatballs are keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
All About Keto Butter Chicken Meatballs
Keto Butter Chicken Meatballs will be an instant favorite at your home! This recipe takes butter chicken and puts it into meatball form.
The result? A creamy, delicious, flavorful dish that everyone will love!
These meatballs are hearty and filling and you can also serve them with cauliflower rice (or another keto side dish) for a complete meal - perfect for any night of the week!
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
Classic Indian Ingredients
This recipe features many classic Indian ingredients.
Then we use incredibly flavorful spices to give this dish a burst of flavor. These spices include:
- Garam Masala - Is a blend of ground spices including coriander, black pepper, cumin, cloves, bay leaves, charnushka, mace, cardamom, & Saigon cinnamon that is used extensively in Indian cuisine.
- Curry Powder - Is also a blend of spices that includes coriander, turmeric, cumin, fenugreek, and chili peppers in their blends. It traditionally has a yellow/orange color.
- Turmeric - Is a spice that comes from the turmeric plant and is main spice in curry. It is highly anit-inflammatory and has a warm taste and yellow color.
We used ground versions of all of these spices and they can be found at your local grocery store or online.
How to Make the Chicken Meatballs
This first step in this recipe is to make the meatballs.
We find that oven-baked meatballs are way easier to make and require much less clean up. Plus, they are just as good and tender as the pan-seared ones.
To make the meatballs, just combine all the ingredients together in a bowl. Then form the meat mixture into 1-inch round balls and place them in a single layer on the baking sheet.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 375°F until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
While the meatballs are baking, prepare sauce.
Making the Butter Sauce
If you've ever had butter chicken, you know how rich and creamy the sauce is. It's absolutely delicious and full of Indian flavors!
In addition, this sauce is so easy to make.
Stir to combine and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Bring The Dish to Together
Once your meatballs are out of the over and your butter sauce has simmered for 10 minutes.
Transfer you cooked meatballs from the baking sheet to a skillet (we used a cast iron) and then pour in the butter sauce.
Let the meatballs heat through for another 5-10 minutes.
Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with roasted veggies or cauliflower rice.
Looking for More Keto Chicken Recipes?
If you’d like more delicious chicken recipes that are perfectly keto, then check out these favorites:
- Keto Fried Chicken
- Keto Chicken Fingers with Bang Bang Sauce
- Keto Crispy Oven Baked Buffalo Chicken Thighs
- Keto Guido’s Chicken Wings With Orange-Ginger Sauce
- Keto Chicken Wings With Old Bay
Keto Butter Chicken Meatballs
For the Meatballs
For the Butter Chicken Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper add more depending on your heat preference
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 14 oz coconut milk 14 oz can
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
For the Meatballs
- Heat your oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Form the meat mixture into 1-inch round balls and place them in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- While the meatballs are baking, prepare sauce.
For the Butter Chicken Sauce
- In medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes until softened and fragrant.
- Add in remaining ingredients, stir to combine, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the baked meatballs to a skillet and then pour in the butter chicken sauce.
- Let the meatballs heat through for another 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with cauliflower rice.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our clean keto recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!