This recipe takes all the classic BLT ingredients and puts them on a keto pizza. The result is nothing short of amazing! This pizza is keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
The Magic of a Keto BLT Pizza
This Keto BLT Pizza will soon be your new favorite!
Oh the amazing combination of Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato.
The saltiness of the bacon, the crispiness of the lettuce, and the juiciness of the tomato work in perfect harmony to create one amazing flavor combination!
So just imagine what happens when you add all of these ingredients on a keto-friendly pizza crust with an creamy sauce to bring it all together!
All About Fathead Crust
Even though “traditional” pizza dough is loaded with carbs, you can still enjoy pizza on keto diet thanks to the wonder that is Fathead crust!
Fathead crust is a keto “dough” made out of mozzarella, cream cheese, egg, and almond flour – ingredients that contain lots of healthy fats and nutrients to keep you satisfied!
This Fathead crust recipe can be used for pizzas, sandwiches, flatbreads, and even calzones – essentially anywhere you'd typically have bread.
Making Fathead Crust
Have you ever made a low-carb keto Fathead pizza crust? If not, it is unbelievably easy!!
All you need to do is microwave the mozzarella and cream cheese until they are melted. And then mix the melted cheese mixture with an egg and almond flour until a dough forms.
Knead the dough with your hands, spreading and folding it in half repeatedly until incorporated.
Roll out the dough between two layers of parchment paper. Remove the top layer of parchment and then transfer the crust to a baking sheet and bake at 425°F for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
That's it! It will look and taste just like “real” pizza dough!
Classic BLT Toppings
We are topping the crispy Fathead crust with bacon, lettuce, tomato, mozzarella, and a delicious creamy sauce.
The sauce is made of a combination of mayo and sour cream, which pairs perfectly on a BLT pizza.
We also sprinkle some fresh basil over top to provide a burst of vibrant flavor.
Put It All Together
Assemble the Keto BLT Pizza by spreading the mayo-sour cream sauce on the crust and then topping it with the mozzarella, bacon and tomatoes.
Bake again at 425°F for a few minutes or until cheese is melted.
What Equipment You Need
Quick Keto Pizza Tips Before Your Get Started
- Make sure to both knead and roll out your dough! Don't skip these steps.
- Be careful not to add to much sauce to your crust. Otherwise it will be soggy.
- Under cook your bacon slightly, since it will be put in the oven with the pizza and cook further.
- For the lettuce, we used baby kale. But feel free to use whatever greens you have available.
Looking for more pizza inspiration? Check out our other pizza recipes:
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
For the Fathead Crust
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond flour
For the Toppings
For the Fathead Crust
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Put the mozzarella and cream cheese in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove, stir, and microwave again for another minute or until melted.
- Mix in the egg and almond flour until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough with your hands, spreading it and folding it in half repeatedly until incorporated.
- Roll out the dough between two layers of parchment paper. Remove top layer of parchment and transfer the crust to baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
For the Toppings
- In a small bowl, mix the mayo and sour cream.
- Spread the sauce onto baked Fat Head Crust.
- Add the mozzarella cheese and then the crumbled bacon and sliced tomatoes.
- Bake again at 425°F for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with the greens and basil.
- Serve while hot.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!