This Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Kabob Salad is your new fave summer Keto cookout dish!
All About Kabobs:
Kabobs are a great fork-free way to enjoy veggies and proteins, and they're easy to bake, pan-fry, or grill, making them the perfect summer dish. These kabobs focus on cajun shrimp and andouille sausage with lots of peppers and onions, but you can add in whatever veggies you have on hand – zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc. The possibilities with kabobs are endless!
This dish will satisfy the hungry meat lovers as well as the light salad eaters. The recipe is so simple and takes no more than 20-30 minutes to make – you can assemble your salad and the dressing as the kabobs are cooking, and the recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for a large crowd (trust us, you'll want seconds!).
- SOAK YOUR SKEWERS! It will make them easier to slide food onto them, and they will cook better.
- If you want a thinner dressing, add olive oil (for healthy fats!) or water – add in one teaspoon at a time to get your desired consistency.
- This recipe can work with any protein – feel free to substitute andouille sausage for Italian sausage or chicken.
What Equipment You Need:
That's it! Let's get to cooking and make this delicious Keto Dish
For the Kabobs
- 1 lb. andouille sausage
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 1 1/2 bell peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
For the Kabobs
- Soak 12" skewers in water for about 20 minutes.
- Heat your indoor or outdoor grill to medium.
- Cut the sausage into 3/4 inch rounds.
- Cut peppers and onions into 1 inch pieces.
- Season shrimp with seasoning.
- Skewer the sausage, shrimp, peppers, and onions.
- Grill for about 20 minutes rotating along the way.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!