This Halloween Keto Cocktail is cleverly called a "Rosemary's Baby". This flavorful drink is perfect to serve at your Halloween party! Featuring fresh rosemary, orange peel, blackberries, and bourbon, this cocktail is keto, low-carb, paleo, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Halloween Keto Cocktail Time
This Halloween Keto Cocktail will be a crowd-pleaser and is so easy to make!
Every good party needs a signature cocktail! And we've got the perfect one for your Halloween Party.
We like to call it "Rosemary's Baby" cocktail, which is a fun play on words for a cocktail that features fresh rosemary.
This keto cocktail also combines bourbon, orange peel, and aromatic bitters, which ends up being the perfect combination!
Keto and Alcohol
On a keto diet you can absolutely enjoy an occasional alcohol-based drink as long as you do it the right way!!
Let’s break down everything that you need to know about alcohol and keto!
Your liver is crucial for ketosis and alcoholic metabolism. When you are in ketosis, your liver produces ketones from your stored fat.
When you drink alcohol, your liver defaults to processing that alcohol, putting ketones (and ketosis) on the back burner. That means your fat burning is slowed/stalled until all the alcohol has been digested.
Is this a bad thing? Not necessarily – if you're having a keto-friendly drink every once in a while, your body will still be in ketosis.
But if you're drinking on a regular basis, it could slow down your ketone (fat-burning) production, which means weight loss could stall. So only drink in moderation.
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
CKL Alcohol Tips
- Choose low-carb alcohols. Most beers contain gluten, which can be inflammatory and is high in carbs, so opt for wine or liquor.
- Mix it right! You don't have to have to drink liquor straight, but avoid the sugary concoctions that will throw your body out of ketosis.
- Avoid tonic water (it's full of sugar).
- Mixed and pre-made frozen drinks will most likely contain sugar.
- Avoid fruit juices like pineapple, apple, and orange juice.
- Stick with fresh lemon and lime wedges that you can squeeze and mix in yourself.
- Hydrate! Drink water before and after consuming alcohol – 8 ounces of water for every ounce of alcohol! Drinking water before bed will also help reduce the morning-after hangover.
If you're ever unsure of what to drink, check out our CKL Happy Hour Guide!
Rosemary's Baby Inspiration
Rosemary's Baby is a classic movie that debuted in 1968.
The creepy story line is based on a young wife who comes to believe that her offspring is not of this world.
It is a frightening tale that is even more disturbing than it sounds.
Hence, why this name was perfect for this Halloween cocktail!
Keto Cocktail Ingredients
You just need a few ingredients to make this cocktail and feel free to double, triple, or quadruple the recipe to serve a large crowd.
Here is what you need:
- Club soda
- Keto-friendly sweetener (we used granular erythritol)
- Aromatic or cinnamon bitters
Keto Cocktail Necessities
To make this cocktail, you just need a few things:
- Small saucepan
- Cocktail shaker
- Cocktail skewers
We recommend that you garnish your drinks with blackberries that have been pierced with metal cocktail skewers.
Then place a stick a sprig of rosemary in each drink and light the tips on fire to create smoke.
How To Make Your Cocktail
First, make your keto simple syrup. In a small saucepan set to medium heat, add water, sweetener, orange peel, and rosemary.
Let it simmer for 5 minutes, then turn off the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
When you are ready to make the cocktail, pull out the cocktail shaker.
Muddle together blackberries and rosemary leaves, then add in orange rosemary simple syrup, bitters, and bourbon.
Shake vigorously - work those arm muscles!
Pour into glasses and top each with 1/4 cup club soda.
Garnish with skewered blackberries and a smoking rosemary sprig.
More Keto Halloween Recipes
Looking for more chocolate keto recipes? Check out these favorites:
- Halloween Keto Cauliflower “Brain” With Sweet And Spicy Curry Sauce
- Halloween Raven’s Nest Keto Chocolate Cake
- Fire And Brimstone Halloween Keto Soft Pretzels
- Halloween “Spider” Keto Deviled Eggs
- Halloween Keto Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Botanical Peach Ginger Mint Keto Cocktail
Halloween Rosemary's Baby Keto Cocktail
For the Orange Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 6 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons granular erythritol
- peel of one orange
- 1 sprig rosemary
For the Cocktail
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 tablespoons rosemary leaves
- 8 dashes aromatic or cinnamon bitters
- 6 ounces bourbon
- 1 cup club soda
- In a small saucepan set to medium heat, add water, sweetener, orange peel, and rosemary.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes, then turn off the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In cocktail shaker, muddle together blackberries and rosemary leaves.
- Add in orange rosemary simple syrup, bitters, and bourbon. Shake.
- Pour into 4 glasses and top each with 1/4 cup club soda.
- Garnish with skewered blackberries and a smoking rosemary sprig.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!