Packed with Italian meats, cheeses, and spices, these Keto Calzones are a guilt-free treat for anyone who gets to try them!
Keto Pizza Crust:
This recipe utilizes a classic Fat Head Crust. Fat Head Crust couldn't be easier to make and tastes incredible whether it is savory or sweet! Once you master this crust, the sky is the limit on making incredible keto pizzas, sandwiches, flatbreads, and now even CALZONES!!
Our Keto Calzone is stuffed with Italian sausage, ricotta, and mozzarella! But you can stuff yours with anything that your heart desires! Chicken, pepperoni, pesto, pizza sauce, peppers, onions, tomatoes, and spinach to name a few.
- Make sure to both knead and roll out your dough! Don't skip these steps.
- Be careful not to over-stuff your calzone.
- If you are stuffing your calzone with veggies, saute them in a skillet beforehand until they are softened slightly.
- If adding pizza sauce, make sure it is sugar free and don't add too much or the crust will get too soggy.
- We like to keep our sauce on the side and then dip the calzone into it!
What Equipment You Need:
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
- Heat oven at 375°F.
- Melt 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella and 2 ounces cream cheese in microwave for 90 seconds at 30 second intervals.
- Add 1 egg, the almond flour, and baking powder and knead with hands until incorporated.
- Divide dough into 3 parts.
- Roll out the dough parts into circles in between two layers of parchment.
- Mix your fillings (cheeses & sausage) together in medium bowl.
- Put 1/3 of filling on one half of each circle.
- Fold other half over and seal edges with fork.
- Beat an egg with a fork lightly and brush egg over tops of calzones.
- Make slits in the tops.
- Sprinkle calzones with coarse salt and dried oregano.
- Bake for 20-26 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!