Keto Cauliflower and Leek Soup is perfect for a crisp fall night. It is creamy, hearty, and so satisfying! This soup is also keto, low-carb, paleo, nut-free, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Keto Cauliflower and Leek Soup
You know that feeling when you indulge in a hearty soup that's a meal all on its own? That's this soup.
Eat it alone or it's amazing with a keto salad too.
Keto Cauliflower and Leek Soup is the perfect keto lunch or dinner idea. It's so easy to make that you can make a batch in the morning before you to go work, then you just have to heat it up and it's ready when you are.
This low carb soup is the perfect comfort food for those colder days.
Ingredients in Keto Cauliflower and Leek Soup
This soup is full of healthy fats, which help you stay full and aid in weight-loss. Here's what you need to have on hand when you make it.
- A head of cauliflower
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
What's the Difference between Leeks and Shallots?
Leeks, onions, and shallots are all often confused with each other. You need both leeks and shallots for this recipe.
Shallots look a lot of heads of garlic. Leeks look like extra large green onions.
You can use garlic in this recipe instead of shallots. But keep in mind that if you do, it will have a stronger garlic flavor.
Leeks have a milder taste than green onions. And are much longer and wider. They look like big green stalks.
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
What Equipment You Need
How to Make Cauliflower and Leek Soup
Making cauliflower and leek soup is rather quite simple.
It's one of our easiest keto recipes that we've made.
You can find the detailed instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. But first here's an overview of the recipe along with more helpful information too.
Step #1. Roast the Cauliflower and Shallots
The first step is to remove the green leaves from the bottom of the head of cauliflower.
Then cut the cauliflower into florets.
Toss the florets, along with the sliced shallots, in avocado oil and roast at 400°F for 30 minutes until the florets are golden brown.
Step #2. Fry the Bacon
While the cauliflower is roasting, fry up the bacon in a skillet.
When the bacon is finished cooking, transfer the slices to a paper towel lined plate. When they are cool, you will crumble them and use them as a garnish for your soup.
Make sure to reserve 3 tablespoons of the bacon fat to use in the next step.
PRO TIP! Opt for the best quality bacon that you can find. We love ButcherBox bacon! Click here to find out all about ButcherBox and get free bacon!
Step #3. Saute the Leeks
You are going to want to clean your leeks well before cooking them. Dirt collects in between the layers, so it is important to get it all out.
Prepare the leeks by trimming off the stems and cutting off the coarse dark green parts. Discard those.
Slice the leeks thinly and then put them in a colander to rinse then dry them with paper towels. Now they are ready to be added to the stock pot.
Saute the leeks in the stock pot with the reserved bacon fat. Oh, this part smells divine!
You want to use a large pot because this is the same pot you'll make the entire soup in.
Step #4. Add Everything to the Pot
Add the chicken bone broth, heavy cream, cream cheese, apple cider vinegar, salt and roasted cauliflower and shallots to the pot.
Allow the mixture to simmer for 20 minutes.
Now you are ready to make it creamy. Use an immersion blender blend it all together.
If you don't have an immersion blender, you can put the soup, in batches, in a stand-alone blender and puree it.
Top with the bacon crumbles and you are ready to eat!
How to Store Keto Cauliflower Leek Soup
Store this in your refrigerator in an airtight container.
Since it's a soup, pick one with a locking, spill-proof lid.
This soup will last about a week in your refrigerator. You can reheat it in the microwave or on the stove top.
What to Serve With This Soup
This soup is a meal all on its own. But if you want something else to eat with it, here are our go-to options
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 lb. bacon (ButcherBox is our favorite! Get free bacon here!)
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 2 leeks, trimmed, cut into slices, and rinsed with cold water
- 3 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Optional Garnishes: chopped scallions, shredded cheddar cheese, hot sauce, and fresh cracked black pepper
- Heat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cauliflower and shallots on the baking sheet and toss with the avocado oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. then remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, fry the bacon in a sturdy skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon strips in a single layer (cook in batches if necessary).
- Cook the bacon on one side for 3 to 4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate and reserve 3 tablespoons of the bacon fat from the skillet.
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, pour in the bacon fat. Add in the leeks and saute for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Next, add in the chicken bone broth, heavy cream, salt, cream cheese, apple cider vinegar, and the roasted cauliflower and shallots.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for 20 minutes, then use an immersion blender to blend all the ingredients together. (If you don’t have an immersion blender, carefully transfer the soup to a blender in batches and puree.)
- Once the soup is creamy and smooth, serve with your garnishes.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!