What are Keto Chaffles? They are only the biggest craze to hit keto foods because they are crispy with the perfect waffle-like texture. Make some keto chaffles tonight for an unforgettable keto meal. These chaffles are keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Keto Chaffles - Cheese + Waffles
Say hello to keto chaffles!
Cutting out all carbs used to mean giving up on one of the most indulgent brunch staples - waffles! But not anymore.
Chaffles are a gift from above.
They are crispy and flaky, just like their carb-filled counterparts.
Keto chaffles are essentially made up of just cheese and eggs.
There are a ton of variations out there. We experimented was a bunch of different versions and finally created the perfect combination of ingredients that tastes just like regular waffles.
How to Make Chaffles aka Keto Waffles
Chaffles is such a fun little word. Cheese + Waffles = Chaffles!
But we didn't want our keto chaffles to taste like fried eggs. We wanted them to resemble regular waffles, with all their flaky and crunchy goodness.
The result is pure keto chaffle perfection.
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
The Best Cheese for Chaffles
We used a combination of cheddar cheese with cream cheese for the chaffles. The cream cheese rounds out the sharpness of the cheddar with its rich and tangy flavor.
Plus, the cream cheese melts and makes a nice and thick chaffle.
You are on keto to take care of your body. So treat it the best by choosing the best quality dairy products. Look for labels such as raw, organic, 100% grass-fed.
100% grass-fed dairy means exactly what it says: the dairy comes from cows that eat only grass. That means they are not eating corn, soy, and or any other grains, which can cause inflammation.
Grass-fed, organic cheese gives you essential omega-3 fatty acids and conjugated linoleic acid (CLA).
In fact, grass-fed dairy has:
- 147% more omega-3 than non-organic, non-grass-fed dairy
- 125% percent more CLA than non-organic, non-grass-fed dairy
My Chaffles Aren't Crispy
There are a few things that could lead to soft chaffles (and no one likes that!).
- Keep the waffle iron closed the entire time. If you open it too soon to check on them, they won't crisp up correctly.
- Measure everything closely. If you use too much cream cheese it could make them softer.
- Leaving out almond flour. This is an essential ingredient. If you only use cheese and eggs, it will turn out either like an omelet or a thick fried cheese waffle.
Different Types of Chaffles
The most basic chaffle is made with just 1 egg and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. We added a few more ingredients to help them look, taste, and feel like regular waffles.
Take our basic recipe here and make your own variations and flavors. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Keto-friendly chocolate chips
- Everything Bagel seasoning
- Finely shredded zucchini
- Cooked bacon pieces
Keto Chaffles Step-By-Step
Are you ready to get in the kitchen and make your own?
Here are step-by-step instructions to show you exactly how yo make your keto chaffles and fried chicken.
P.S. It is so easy!!
Step #1. Gather all of Your Ingredients
Grab your ingredients and organize them in mixing bowls:
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Step #2. Make the Batter
Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
The batter should look like the picture below.
Step #3. Cook the Waffles
Pour the batter into a greased waffle maker on high heat. (Use 1/3 cup batter for a 7-inch round waffle maker or 3/4 cup batter for a Belgian waffle maker.)
Close the lid and allow the batter to cook for about 5 minutes (or according to your waffle maker's instructions).
Carefully transfer the cooked chaffle to a plate or basket to cool slightly. Then repeat the process until you have used all the batter.
Serve these chaffles with some grass-fed butter or ghee, or even top them with some sugar-free syrup.
Looking for More Keto Recipes?
If you’d like more delicious recipes that are perfectly keto, then check out these favorites:
- Keto Garlic Knots
- Keto Cheese Sticks
- Keto Chicken Wings with Old Bay
- Keto Italian Cheese Bread
- Keto Soft Pretzels
- Ham and Gruyere Keto Egg Puffs
- Keto French Toast
- Grease your waffle maker with some melted butter or coconut oil and turn it on.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together all the ingredients until combined.
- Pour the batter into a waffle maker (use about 1/3 cup batter for a 7-inch round waffle maker and 3/4 cup batter for a Belgian waffle maker).
- Close the lid and allow the batter to cook for about 5 minutes (or according to your waffle maker's instructions).
- Please note: As your waffle cooks, it will release steam. Wait until the steam stops coming out before checking on the waffle for doneness. Do not peek while the waffle is cooking. If you lift the lid too early, you could rip the waffle apart!
- Remove cooked chaffles from the waffle maker and top with butter/ghee and sugar-free syrup.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!