This Keto Chile Relleno Pizza is deliciously spicy and oh so cheesy! We took all the goodness of a fried chile relleno and turned it into a pizza. This pizza is keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Keto Chile Relleno Pizza
This Keto Chile Relleno Pizza is the Mexican-inspired pizza that you didn't know you needed!
It uses an enchilada sauce instead of classic pizza sauce, giving it a spicy taste that pairs perfectly with chile rellenos and pepper jack cheese.
This Keto Chile Relleno Pizza recipe comes together quickly making it a great go-to weeknight dinner.
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
All About Fathead Crust
Even though “traditional” pizza dough is loaded with carbs, you can still enjoy pizza on keto diet thanks to the wonder that is Fathead crust!
Fathead crust is a keto “dough” made out of mozzarella, cream cheese, egg, and almond flour – ingredients that contain lots of healthy fats and nutrients to keep you satisfied!
This Fathead crust recipe can be used for pizzas, sandwiches, flatbreads, and even calzones – essentially anywhere you'd typically have bread.
Making Fathead Crust
Have you ever made a low-carb keto Fathead pizza crust? If not, it is unbelievably easy!!
All you need to do is microwave the mozzarella and cream cheese until they are melted. And then mix the melted cheese mixture with an egg and almond flour until a dough forms.
Knead the dough with your hands, spreading and folding it in half repeatedly until incorporated.
Roll out the dough between two layers of parchment paper. Remove the top layer of parchment and then transfer the crust to a baking sheet and bake at 425°F for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
That's it! It will look and taste just like “real” pizza dough!
Chile Relleno Toppings
We are topping the crispy Fathead crust with pepper jack cheese, Anaheim peppers, and pork rinds, plus an easy homemade enchilada sauce.
The Anaheim pepper is a mild, medium-sized chili pepper that is green and about 6-10 inches in length. Look for them in the produce section of your local grocery store. You can also use Poblano peppers peppers.
To prepare the peppers, turn your oven to the broil setting. Cut the peppers lengthwise into four pieces.
Place the peppers on a baking sheet and broil, turning halfway through. Broil the peppers until they start to blacken then remove, let cool, and slice into thin strips.
Homemade Enchilada Sauce
Most store-bought enchilada sauces contain gluten, sugars, and artificial ingredients, so we recommend making your own.
All you need is tomato sauce, coconut oil, and some spices.
Combine all ingredients in small saucepan and cook for 5-10 minutes.
Voila – you have enchilada sauce!
Put It All Together
Assemble the Keto Chile Relleno Pizza by spreading the enchilada sauce on the baked fathead crust and then topping it with the pepper jack cheese and sliced Anaheim peppers.
Bake again at 425°F for a few minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Top with crushed pork rinds for a nice crunch.
Quick Keto Pizza Tips Before Your Get Started
Here is a quick list of pro tips to help you as you make your pizza:
- Make sure to both knead and roll out your dough! Don't skip these steps.
- Be careful not to add to much sauce to your crust. Otherwise it will be soggy.
- Most store-bought enchilada sauces contain gluten, sugars, and artificial ingredients so be on the lookout. We recommend making your enchilada sauce from scratch using our recipe below.
- Feel free to use Poblano peppers instead of Anaheim peppers.
- This recipe uses Pepper Jack cheese, but you can use any Mexican cheese.
Looking for More Keto Pizza Recipes?
If you’d like more delicious pizza recipes that are perfectly keto, then check out these favorites:
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 4 oz. pepper jack cheese
- 2 Anaheim peppers
- 1/2 cup crushed pork rinds
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Put the mozzarella and cream cheese in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove, stir, and microwave again for another minute or until melted.
- Mix in the egg and almond flour until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough with your hands, spreading it and folding it in half repeatedly until incorporated.
- Roll out the dough between two layers of parchment paper. Remove top layer of parchment and transfer the crust to baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine all the ingredients in small saucepan and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- First, make the peppers. Turn your oven to broil and cut the peppers lengthwise into four pieces.
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet and broil, turning halfway through. Broil the peppers until they start to blacken then remove, let cool, and slice them.
- Spoon the enchilada sauce onto the baked crust, followed by the cheese and peppers.
- Bake again at 425°F for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with crushed pork rinds.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!