Keto Chocolate Caramel Candies are the perfect bite-sized treat and feature a sweet caramel layer surrounded by a delectable dark chocolate coating. These candies are keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Keto Chocolate Caramel Candies
These Keto Chocolate Caramel Candies are unbelievably good. The inside caramel layer is so soft and creamy and is perfectly contrasted with the crisp chocolate shell.
These candies make a great holiday treat to share with your family, friends, and neighbors.
They are also easy to make and will be a huge hit with any chocolate lovers in your life – just make sure to save some for yourself before they are gone!
Making Keto Caramel
For the most part making keto caramel is the same process as making traditional caramel sauce.
You heat up heavy cream and then combine it with butter, sweetener (we are using a keto sweetener called Sukrin Gold), and vanilla.
For this recipe, we are adding in coconut, walnuts, and some melted chocolate to the caramel mixture for extra depth of flavor – think German Chocolate!
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
How to Find Keto-Friendly Chocolate
Luckily with the gaining popularity of the keto diet, low-carb chocolate brands do exist!
Some of our favorites are:
- Lily's Brand – Is sweetened with stevia and erythritol and doesn't contain any added sugars or artificial sweeteners. There can sometimes be a bad aftertaste with stevia, but you can't taste it at all with this brand.
- Choczero – Is sweetened with monk fruit and doesn't contain any added sugars, sugar alcohols, or artificial sweeteners. This is a great option if you don't tolerate stevia or erythritol well.
- Macalat – Is sweetened with a combination of erythritol and monk fruit. It is made from all organic ingredients and also includes a touch or vanilla and cinnamon.
Be careful with the types of chocolate you buy and always look at the labels for the ingredients and added sugar amount.
For this recipe we used Lily's Chocolate Baking Chips.
Form The Caramel Into Balls
Once your caramel mixture is well combined, transfer it to a bowl.
Place the bowl in the freezer and freeze the mixture for 6-8 hours. 2. Freeze your caramel mixture for as long as you can. If you want a perfect ball shape, freeze for at least 6 hours before rolling.
Once done freezing, remove the mixture from the freezer . Use butter or coconut oil to grease your hands before rolling the balls to help them stick less.
Create 30 balls with the caramel mixture (about 1-2 tablespoons per ball).
Melt Your Chocolate Coating
To melt the chocolate for these Keto Chocolate Caramel Candies, you can use two different methods.
Method 1: The Double Boiler Method
- Place a heatproof bowl (we use a glass bowl) over a pot of barely simmering water.
- The steam from the water will heat the bowl and melt the chocolate.
- Stir the chocolate with a spatula until it is completely melted.
Method 2: The Microwave Method
- Add your chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval.
- Stop microwaving as soon as the mixture is melted so the chocolate doesn't cease up.
Dip the Keto Caramel Candies
Use a fork to coat the caramel candies into the melted chocolate.
Try to work as quickly as possible since the chocolate will begin to harden.
Transfer the dipped candies to a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Let the candies cool and make sure the chocolate coating has set and hardened before you try to take them off the parchment paper
Store leftover Keto Chocolate Caramel Cookies in a sealed container in the fridge.
More Keto Chocolate Recipes
Looking for more chocolate keto recipes? Check out these favorites:
- Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Triple Chocolate Doughnuts
- Keto Apricot And Pistachio Dark Chocolate Bark
- Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
For the Caramel Layer
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 3/4 cup packed Sukrin Gold
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup melted keto-friendly chocolate (you can melt in a microwavable bowl or use the double boiler method)
For the Caramel Layer
- 2 cups melted keto-friendly chocolate (you can melt in a microwavable bowl or use the double boiler method)
- Heat the heavy cream in a medium saucepan over high heat until it starts to bubble. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes, making sure there are bubbles present.
- Turn the heat down to low and stir in the butter, Sukrin Gold, egg yolks, xanthan gum, vanilla extract, coconut flour, shredded coconut, walnuts, and the 1/4 cup melted chocolate.
- Stir until well combined and then transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Place the bowl in the freezer and freeze the mixture for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the mixture from the freezer and roll into 30 balls. (Grease your hands with butter or oil prior to rolling.)
- Melt the remaining 2 cups of keto-friendly chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
- Use a fork to dip each ball into the melted chocolate, then place each one on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle coarse salt on top of each candy while still wet.
- Let the chocolate coating set and harden before serving.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!