Keto Crab Dip is just plain good! It is the perfect party appetizer that is not only easy to make, but also delicious. This dip is keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free.
Keto Crab Dip
One of the best keto-friendly dips you can have is keto crab dip! It's high-fat and low-carb, meaning it will keep you satisfied without all the carbs.
This dip is perfect for parties, game day feasts, and everything in between.
You'll want to keep making it over and over again because it is such a crowdpleaser.
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make one of our most popular recipes – Italian Keto Calzones.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
Is Crab Keto-Friendly?
Crab is a great seafood to enjoy on the ketogenic diet because it's full of protein and nutrients, while at the same time only containing a small amount of carbs.
Make sure you use good quality crab meat so the flavor comes out!
This crab dip is also made with sour cream and cheddar cheese, so you have good fats to pair with the high-protein seafood. It's a keto win-win!
What's In Keto Crab Dip?
To make our keto crab dip, we used the following low-carb ingredients.
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Worcestershire sauce
- Cheddar cheese
- Lump crab meat (high-quality!)
- Seasonings: Old Bay Seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper (to taste)
How to Make Keto Crab Dip
This dip is so easy to make and ready to eat in less than 30 minutes!
First, preheat the oven and mix all ingredients (except the crab) in a bowl. Next add the crab and gently fold it in to keep the lump meat intact.
Pour the mixture into a cast-iron skillet or casserole dish and top with cheddar cheese.
Then, bake until the cheese melts and bubbles! Garnish with scallions, seasoning, chives, or parsley.
Feel free to serve this keto crab dip with some crudites, low-carb crackers, or keto soft pretzels!
Can You Use Other Seafood Instead?
We recommend using high-quality crab to get that delicious “crab dip” flavor.
We haven't experimented with other seafood dips, but stay tuned for more recipes!
Also, don't use imitation crab meat. It is highly processed, has sugar and additives that aren't keto-friendly, and will not make your dip taste as fresh.
Is Keto Crab Dip Good for You?
Our keto crab dip is full of ingredients that will fill you up and keep your body in ketosis:
- Crab meat provides abundant protein that can improve heart health and brain development.
- Cheddar cheese and sour cream provide fats that will fill you up, keeping you satisfied and preventing you from eating the whole skillet! Opt for raw and organic varieties – quality is key!
- Salt provides minerals that are necessary for nerve and muscle function. Use Himalayan pink salt or Celtic sea salt rather than table salt.
How to Serve The Dip
We like to carefully remove this dip from the oven and serve it directly from the skillet.
If you try to transfer it to another serving dish, the beautiful layer of golden cheese on top will be destroyed.
Just make sure to warn your family and/or party guests that the skillet is HOT!
Place a serving spoon next to the dip and let everyone help themselves.
Don't Forget the Keto Pretzels
The cheesiness of the dip pairs really well with a doughy pretzel or garlic knot, so definitely make a batch to serve with this dip.
For a little extra fun, you can also add a few drops of hot sauce to your dip!
More Keto Appetizer Recipes
Looking for more keto appetizers? Check out these favorites:
- Keto Coconut Shrimp
- Keto Crab Rangoons
- Keto Crispy Zucchini Fries
- Keto Chicken Wings With Old Bay
- Keto Cheese Sticks With Havarti And Dill Dipping Sauce
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning, plus more to sprinkle on top
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling on top
- 1 lb. lump crab meat
- Optional Garnish: chopped parsley, chives, or scallions
- Heat your oven to 350°F.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, except for crab meat.
- Gently fold in crab meat, making sure to keep the lumps intact best you can.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish or cast iron skillet.
- Top with the remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheddar and sprinkle on more Old Bay Seasoning.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until it is hot and bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, chives, or scallions.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!