These Keto Zucchini Fries are super simple and so so good. The texture couldn’t be any better and we are officially in love! These baked crispy "fries" are keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Keto Zucchini Fries
Crispy Keto Zucchini Fries will soon be your favorite new snack!
They are crispy, crunchy, a little bit spicy and only require 4 ingredients making them incredibly easy to make.
Plus, they are low-carb while being delicious at the same time! These keto-friendly zucchini fries will absolutely satisfy your craving for golden, crispy french fries!
All About Zucchini
Who needs plain old white potatoes, when you have zucchini?!! There are few things better than biting into a warm, perfectly crisp fry! Well, we have created the perfect alternative to the starchy, high-carb version by turning zucchini into the fry of your dreams!
If you’ve been looking for a keto-friendly fry recipe, you’ve come to the right place!
Let's breakdown why zucchini is the perfect substitute for a potato when it comes to fries:
- Carb Content! 1 cup of zucchini only has 4 grams of net carbs vs. 1 cup of white potatoes that has 24 net carbs. That means zucchini has 1/6th less net carbs than potatoes!
- Vitamins! Zucchini is a great source of B-vitamins, especially folate, riboflavin, and B6, which can help to boost energy production in the body. It also has high amounts of vitamin A, C and polyphenols, especially in the peels. These vitamins can reduce inflammation and boost your immunity.
- Flavor! In the flavor department, zucchini has a delicate flavor with hints of sweetness. This mild flavor makes it incredibly versatile when cooking.
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
How to Make the Crispiest Keto Fry!
The dryer the zucchini - the crispier it will get! So the key is removing as much excess moisture out of the zucchini as possible.
To begin, simple slice your zucchini into long strips keeping the peel on.
There are two options to remove the excess moisture:
- Lay your zucchini strips on a paper towel-lined baking sheet at room temperature to dry for 15 minutes. The air will work to dry the strips out.
- Or you can gently pat the zucchini with a paper towel to absorb any excess moisture.
Either way works great or you can do a combo of both!
Let's Get Cooking
First things first, cut your zucchini into "fry-like" strips (as pictured below).
Dry the strips on a paper towel lined baking sheet at room temperature for 15 minutes or you can gently pat the zucchini with a paper towel.
Once your zucchini strips are dry, stir together 2 egg whites and 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning in a shallow bowl.
In another shallow bowl, stir together 1 cup of Parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning.
Dip the zucchini strips into the egg whites then dredge in the Parmesan mixture.
Arrange the keto zucchini fries on a parchment paper lined baking sheet in a single layer.
Bake for about 30 minutes, flipping halfway through to get them golden and crispy!
They should look like the picture below when you take them out of the oven.
Take These Keto Zucchini Fries to the Next Level
These keto zucchini fries are great on their own, but are even better with an amazing dipping sauce!
We whipped up a Cajun Aioli that pairs perfectly with the zucchini fries (the recipe is below). The sauce only takes 5 minutes to make and can be easily prepared while the fries are baking in the oven.
These keto zucchini fries would also taste great dipped in these sauces:
- Marinara sauce (just make sure it has no added sugar - we like Rao's brand!)
- A keto-friendly Ranch dressing (we like Primal Kitchen brand!)
- Our CKL Bang Bang Sauce
More Keto Appetizer Recipes?
If you’d like more delicious Italian Recipes that are perfectly keto, then check out these favorites:
- Keto Garlic Knots
- Keto Cheese Sticks
- Keto Chicken Wings with Old Bay
- Keto Italian Cheese Bread
- Keto Soft Pretzels
- Keto Soft Pretzel Sausages with Thyme and Sugar-Free Syrup
- Keto Crab Dip
Crispy Baked Keto Zucchini Fries
For the Zucchini Fries
For the Cajun Aioli (optional)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 egg yolks beaten (a good way to use up those excess yolks from above!)
For the Zucchini Fries
- Cut your zucchini into thin "fry-like" strips.
- Allow the zucchini strips to air dry for 15 minutes or pat gently with paper towels to release the excess moisture.
- Heat your oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the egg whites and Cajun seasoning.
- In another shallow bowl, stir together to Parmesan cheese and Cajun seasoning.
- Dip the zucchini strips in the egg whites then dredge in Parmesan.
- Arrange them on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for about 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
For the Cajun Aioli (optional)
- Heat the mayo, heavy cream, lemon juice and Cajun seasoning in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once warmed through, remove from heat.
- Slowly temper in the two egg yolks by adding them in one teaspoon at a time and stirring vigorously until incorporated fully.
- Serve with the Keto Zucchini Fries.
- Cut the zucchini into similar sized sticks so that they cook evenly.
- Place the fries in a single layer on the baking sheet. If they are over crowded they will steam rather than cook and get crispy.
- Flip them halfway through cooking so that they get crispy all over.
- Make them vegetarian friendly by using a parmesan cheese without rennet.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!