Keto Eggnog is a holiday classic…ketofied. This drink is smooth and creamy, and can also be served many different ways. This holiday drink is keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
The Best Keto Eggnog
Keto Eggnog is the perfect holiday drink – it is so smooth and creamy, plus it can be made and served many different ways.
You can make it frothy by folding in egg whites, or you can make it custardy by leaving out the egg whites and using only the yolks. This recipe is for a classic custardy eggnog.
It will be a showstopper at any dinner party and is perfect drink for your holiday parties this year!
How to Make Keto Eggnog
This delicious drink is so simple and only takes a few minutes to whip up.
First, heat the milk, cream, nutmeg, and cinnamon over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes. While that warms up, whisk your egg yolks and keto sweetener together.
To combine the mixtures, you'll have to temper the eggs – read on for some tips on how to do so.
Once everything is combined, heat for 10 minutes in a saucepan until it's thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Turn off your heat, add in vanilla and bourbon (or dark rum), stir, and serve!
You can serve your keto eggnog warm or chilled – it'll taste amazing either way.
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
For this keto eggnog, the ingredients are keto kitchen staples, so you should have most of these on hand.
The only non-common ingredient would be fresh grated nutmeg – you can use nutmeg powder, but it definitely won't have the same effect.
- Almond milk
- Heavy cream
- Cinnamon sticks (or ground cinnamon)
- Granular erythritol or monk fruit sweetener
- Fresh grated nutmeg (or ground nutmeg)
- Vanilla extract
- Alcohol of choice – classic eggnog uses rum, but we're partial to bourbon!
What Equipment You Need
This recipe is pretty minimal, so there are just few items that you need:
- Mixing bowls
- Whisk (or fork)
How to Temper Your Eggs
To make the perfectly creamy keto eggnog, you have to temper your eggs into the drink. Tempering will slowly bring your eggs up to a warm temperature without turning them into scrambled eggs.
Once your hot milk mixture is warmed up, take a 1/2 cup of the milk mixture and pour it into your egg mixture. Whisk quickly so your eggs don't clump and scramble. Pour another 1/2 cup and whisk, then one more 1/2 cup.
Once your mixtures are completely combined, pour the egg mixture into the saucepan and stir.
Perfect Keto Dessert Ideas
You can sip this eggnog on its own, but here' s some keto dessert ideas that'll pair well with it:
- Keto Pumpkin Pie
- Keto Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese
- Keto Zucchini Bread
- Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
- Heat the milk, cream, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a large saucepan over medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks and keto sweetener together.
- Temper your egg mixture by taking a 1/2 cup of your hot milk mixture and pour it into your egg mixture. Whisk quickly. (We don’t want our eggs to scramble. Tempering will slowly bring the eggs up to a warm temperature without them scrambling. Pour in another 1/2 cup and whisk, then one more 1/2 cup.)
- Pour the egg mixture into the saucepan and stir.
- Heat for 10 minutes or until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Turn off the heat and add in vanilla and bourbon.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve either warm, at room temperature, or cold.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!