The Keto Guido (aka Vinny from the Jersey Shore) has a new cookbook out and we are loving it! We just had to make these Keto Chicken Wings with Orange-Ginger Sauce as soon as we got our copy of the book. They are keto, low-carb, gluten-free, and grain-free.
All About The Keto Guido Cookbook
The Keto Guido Cookbook is written by Jersey Shore star and ketogenic diet aficionado, Vinny Guadagnino, who's Intagram handle is cleverly called @KetoGuido! Hence the name of the book!
Vinny utilized the keto diet to completely transform his body and life. And with his new book, he is sharing all his knowledge, tips, and favorite dishes with all of us.
This book is also packed with over 100 keto recipes that are great tasting, easy, and also healthy, plus a convenient 7-day ketogenic diet meal plan!
Why We Love It
In his new book, Vinny breaks down the keto lifestyle in an approachable and easy to follow way.
He also includes his own personal stories and strategies throughout the book so the reader knows exactly how to start and maintain the keto diet.
Vinny comes from an Italian family so transitioning from big bowls of pasta to a lower carb way of eating was a big adjustment and he shares exactly how and why he made the change.
Oh and did we mention that our very own Global Health Coach and Ketogenic Diet Expert, Karissa Long, wrote a scientific breakdown section for the book?!!
That's right! Karissa lays out all the specific science details of the ketogenic diet in the book.
Clean Keto Lifestyle Meets the Keto Guido
It was actually a match made in heaven from the get go!
Not only is Vinny incredibly passionate about the keto diet, but he is also all about doing it the right way with REAL, WHOLE FOODS!!
And like us, he believes in eating clean and also loading up on vegetables! In fact, all of the 100+ delicious recipes in his cookbook are based on these principles!
He is also all about being realistic and making keto a lifestyle, rather than a quick fix.
With this book, Vinny's mission is to help you eat well, feel amazing, and look stunning.
We are here for that!
What's in the Keto Guido Cookbook?
The Keto Guido Cookbook is incredibly comprehensive and includes:
- Over 100 Ketogenic Diet Recipes?Including keto-fied American-Italian classics like Italian Sausage Breakfast Casserole, Zucchini Roll Manicotti, Baked Chicken Caprese, and Tiramisu (with dozens of recipes that taking 30 minutes or less to make).
- 7 Day Meal Plan?To get yourself going and save you time as you start keto. It also includes a convenient shopping list.
- Keto Kitchen Guide?This helpful guide walks you through what you should (and shouldn’t) be eating, what to stock in your pantry, and which kitchen tools you should have on hand.
- Keto Scientific Section?Written by Karissa and gives you the 411 on all things ketosis and also debunks common keto myths.
- Fun and Inspiring Stories?Vinny shares everything he’s learned about eating right, finding success, and the joy of home-cooked meals.
One of Our Favorite Recipes from the Keto Guido Cookbook
In reading though the over 100 recipes in The Keto Guido Cookbook, we flagged so many that we wanted to make!
When we came across these Chicken Wings with Orange-Ginger Sauce – we stopped and knew we had to cook these ASAP!
Just the title of the recipe sounded so so good!! We needed to have these wings immediately!
So let's get cooking!
What Equipment You Need
How to Make Them
These keto wings couldn't be more simple to prepare.
Just coat the wings with some coconut oil and bake at 400°F for 40 minutes.
While the wings are cooking, prepare the orange-ginger sauce on the stove top.
Once the wings are done baking, toss the wings in the sauce, sprinkle with some sesame seeds, and serve!
Are Oranges Keto?
We know what you are thinking…I thought oranges weren't keto.
Oranges do have a larger amount of carbs vs. other fruits such as berries, which make them less keto-friendly.
In fact, a large glass of orange juice comes in at a whopping 50 net carbs!
This recipe calls for the juice from only 1 orange (about 1/2 a cup), which has around 13 net carbs. The serving size is 4 for this recipe, so we are talking only 3 net carbs per serving from the orange juice, which is relatively low.
And all in – the total net carbs per serving for this entire recipe is only 3.5 grams, which is definitely keto!
So enjoy these crispy, satisfying, and absolutely delicious wings! And make sure to pick up your very own copy of The Keto Guido Cookbook!!
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
For the Wings
- 2 lbs. chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
For the Sauce
For the Wings
- Preheat the oven. Set the oven temperature to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the wings. In a large bowl, toss the wings with the coconut oil and spread them on the baking sheet.
- Bake the wings. Bake the wings for 20 minutes, turn them over, and bake them for another 20 minutes, until they're golden and cooked through (165°F internal temperature).
For the Sauce
- Make the Sauce. While the chicken wings are baking, put a small saucepan over medium-high heat and melt the butter. Add the ginger and garlic and saute for 3 minutes. Stir in the orange zest, orange juice, and monk fruit sweetener and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring from time to time, until the sauce gets thick and shiny, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Glaze the Wings. Transfer the wings to a large bowl and pour in the sauce, tossing the wings to coat them completely. Serve with lots of napkins.
Excerpt from The Keto Guido Cookbook: Delicious Recipes to Get Healthy and Look Great by Vinny Guadagnino, published by Rockridge Press. Copyright © 2019 by Callisto Media. All rights reserved.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!