Lemons and blueberries together are magical. Put both ingredients into these Keto Lemon Blueberry Muffins and you have a winning combo!
We would definitely put these Keto Lemon Blueberry Muffins up there, actually we would put these ABOVE any carby version of muffins out there! We know that is a bold statement, but we can't get over the super light and soft texture of these muffins.
The sweet blueberries contrast perfectly with the tart lemon zest and juice in the batter. Oh and then there is the sweet glaze poured over top that make these AMAZING. We mean so ridiculously GOOD!
- Use muffin liners to avoid the muffin batter sticking to the pan.
- Don't skip the lemon zest (which comes from the peel of the lemon by using a microplane). The peel has incredible flavor!
- Be careful when you add in the blueberries! They can break easily, so slowly and delicately fold them into the muffin batter.
What Equipment You Need:
- Measuring cups
- Mixing bowls
- Muffin tin
- Muffin liners
- Electric mixer (stand mixer or hand mixer)
That's it!! We told you it was easy!
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
For the Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz. butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup confectioner erythritol (granular will work too)
- 3 eggs plus 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup blueberries
For the Muffins
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt in medium bowl.
- In large bowl, melt butter, coconut oil, and soften your cream cheese in microwave for about 30-40 seconds. Beat with electric mixer.
- Add in sour cream and erythritol and beat again.
- Next beat in eggs and egg white for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add in the vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Pour your dry mixture into your wet mixture and incorporate, but don’t over-mix.
- Fold in the blueberries carefully.
- Fill a muffin tin with liners and divide batter among each liner evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tops turn golden brown.
For the Glaze
- Mix together the ingredients and drizzle over cooled muffins.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!