You won't believe that these Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are actually keto-friendly! They have an incredible texture, crisp but soft at the same time. These cookies are delicious and also keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
The Perfect Keto Cookie
These Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies have us feeling pretty good about ourselves!
You see – mastering a a keto-friendly cookie takes A LOT of attempts!
That is why when we made this recipe and perfectly delectable cookies came out of the oven, we cheered and gave each other high-fives!!
We had did it!! And we are so excited to share our keto cookie recipe with you!
How to Make Keto Cookies
These are pretty simple to make. Beat the wet ingredients together and then add in the dry ingredients. When a batter forms, gently stir in the chocolate chips.
Transfer tablespoons of the cookie batter to baking sheets and then stuff these cookies with peanut butter in the center. Don't skip this step!
Then you just bake these cookies and try not to eat them all in one sitting!
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and delicious!
Main Ingredients in Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
First things things first, gather all of your ingredients and measure them out.
You will probably have most of the ingredients on hand in your pantry or fridge.
Here is a quick list of what you need:
- Almond flour
- Baking soda
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Xanthan gum
- Granular erythritol (like Swerve)
- Surkin Gold (or other keto brown sugar substitute)
- Keto-friendly chocolate chips
- Unsweetened peanut butter
- Grass-fed butter
- 1 Egg
How To Make Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Let's go through step-by-step how to prepare these keto cookies.
Before you start, make sure you have the following kitchen equipment:
Step #1. Make the Cookie Dough
First, you are going to make the cookie dough.
Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
Step #2. Make the Cookie Shape
Place 1 tablespoon of dough onto parchment lined baking sheets, spacing them at least 2 inches apart.
The recipe makes 40 cookies. We used two half baking sheets the fit 12 cookies on each one so 24 total cookies.
We baked those cookies and then baked a second batch with the remaining dough. Store the dough in the fridge while you are baking your first batch.
If you don't have multiple baking sheets, just make them in batches like us. The cookies only take 12 minutes to bake, so it won't add much extra time.
Step #3. Make the Peanut Butter Filling
In a small bowl, heat the peanut butter and more granular erythritol in the microwave for 30 seconds to combine.
Create a divet in each cookie and fill with 1 teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture.
Top the peanut butter mixture with an extra teaspoon of cookie dough. Your dough should look like the picture below.
Step #4. Bake the Cookies
Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
Allow the cookies to cool before removing them from the baking sheets.
A Quick Note About Peanut Butter on Keto
Don't just reach for the first jar of peanut butter you see on the shelf. Most of the popular brands of peanut butter have added sugar. Look for no-sugar-added varieties.
Even some “all-natural” labels have added sugars, so read those labels. The only ingredients should be “peanuts and salt”.
Nut Allergies? Use Sunbutter Instead
If you need a peanut-free version of this recipe, replace the peanut butter with sunbutter or another unsweetened nut butter.
It will still taste scrumptious.
Quick Tips Before You Get Baking
- This cookies spread a little bit more than your average chocolate chip cookie. Make sure you space each cookie apart at least 2 inches from each other.
- Remove the cookies from the oven when you start to see browning on the outside edges. The centers will continue to cook and get golden brown as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing them from the baking sheet.
More Keto Chocolate Recipes
Looking for more easy keto recipes featuring chocolate? Check out these recipes:
- Keto Triple Chocolate Doughnuts
- Keto Apricot And Pistachio Dark Chocolate Bark
- Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Chocolate Caramel Candies
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
- Heat your oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, oil, Sukrin Gold, and 1/2 cup of granular erythritol until creamy.
- Next, beat in egg and vanilla extract for 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl, heat the peanut butter and the remaining 1/4 cup erythritol in the microwave for 30 seconds to combine.
- Place 1 tablespoon of dough onto the parchment lined baking sheets, spacing them at least 2 inches apart.
- Create a divet in each cookie and fill with 1 teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture.
- Top the peanut butter mixture with an extra teaspoon of cookie dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool before removing them from the baking sheets.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!