This Keto Philly Cheesesteak Pizza combines low-carb fathead crust with your favorite sandwich to make the best pizza ever! It's easy to make and tastes delicious. This pizza is keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Keto Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Time
Say hello to our Keto Philly Cheesesteak Pizza!
Picture this - a crispy fathead crust paired perfectly with with the amazing toppings of a Philly cheesesteak!
Since Philly cheesesteak sandwiches are loaded with carbs, this pizza takes the carbs out and replaces them with a tasty, cheesy crust.
You'll love making this pizza for parties and game days! Not only because it tastes great - but also because it is so easy to make!
All About Fathead Crust
Even though “traditional” pizza dough is loaded with carbs, you can still enjoy pizza on keto diet thanks to the wonder that is Fathead crust!
Fathead crust is a keto “dough” made out of mozzarella, cream cheese, egg, and almond flour – ingredients that contain lots of healthy fats and nutrients to keep you satisfied!
This Fathead crust recipe can be used for pizzas, sandwiches, flatbreads, and even calzones - essentially anywhere you'd typically have bread.
Making Fathead Crust
Have you ever made a low-carb keto Fathead pizza crust? If not, it is unbelievably easy!!
All you need to do is microwave the mozzarella and cream cheese until they are melted. And then mix the melted cheese mixture with an egg and almond flour until a dough forms.
Knead the dough with your hands, spreading and folding it in half repeatedly until incorporated.
Roll out the dough between two layers of parchment paper. Remove the top layer of parchment and then transfer the crust to a baking sheet and bake at 425°F for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
That's it! It will look and taste just like “real” pizza dough!
Classic Philly Cheesesteak Toppings
Philly Cheesesteak is comprised with tender beef, melted cheese, caramelized onions, and sauteed mushrooms and green peppers.
Let's start with the beef. We vote for ribeye any day! It is definitely the best!
It cooks up amazingly tender and has a melt-in-your-mouth texture.
As a pro tip - ask your butcher to thinly slice your beef for you. Then when you get home, all you have to do is chop it up and cook it in a skillet for a few minutes.
Onto The Veggies for the Keto Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
We are using the classic cheesesteak veggies - onions, peppers, and mushrooms in this pizza.
First, caramelize the onions by sauteing them in avocado oil in a skillet over low heat for about 20 minutes or until softened and browned.
In same skillet, turn the heat up to medium and saute the peppers and mushrooms just for a few minutes.
Make The Cheese Sauce
Provolone is traditionally used in philly cheesesteak sandwiches and that is what we are using as the base of our cheese sauce.
Make the sauce by melting the provolone, cream cheese, heavy cream, and hots in a saucepan on low-medium heat. Stir until the cheese is fully melted and combined.
Put It All Together
Assemble the philly pizza by spreading the sauce on the crust and then topping it with peppers, onions, mushrooms, beef, mozzarella, and hots.
Bake again at 425°F for a few minutes or until cheese is melted.
What Equipment You Need
Quick Keto Pizza Tips Before Your Get Started
- Make sure to both knead and roll out your dough! Don't skip these steps.
- The fathead dough may seem super gooey at first, but keep kneading it until you get a dough-like consistency. It takes a bit of practice, but once you get the hang of it it'll be super easy to make!
- Saute the mushrooms and peppers in a skillet so they soften since you will only be baking the pizza with all the toppings for a few minutes.
Looking for More Keto Pizza Recipes?
Check out these keto pizza favorites:
Keto Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
For the Fathead Crust
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond flour
For the Fathead Crust
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Put the mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove, stir, and microwave again for another minute or until melted.
- Mix in the egg and almond flour until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough with your hands, spreading it and folding it in half repeatedly until incorporated.
- Roll out the dough between two layers of parchment paper. Remove top layer of parchment and transfer the crust to baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
For the Toppings
- Caramelize the onion by sauteing it in avocado oil in a skillet on low heat for about 20 minutes or until softened and browned. Set aside.
- In same skillet, turn the heat up to medium and saute peppers and mushrooms just for a few minutes.
- Add the shaved beef to skillet and cook just a minute or two.
- Make the sauce by melting the provolone, cream cheese, heavy cream, and hots in saucepan on low-medium heat. Stir until the cheese is fully melted and combined.
- Assemble the pizza by spreading the sauce on the crust and then topping it with peppers, onions, mushrooms, beef, mozzarella, and hots.
- Bake again at 425°F for a few minutes or until cheese is melted.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!