Keto Pumpkin Pie is a holiday classic and the true staple of autumn. This warm and golden pie features delicious pumpkin filling surrounded by a buttery crust. This pie is keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Keto Pumpkin Pie
It's not fall without the most classic Thanksgiving dessert: Pumpkin Pie!
Many pumpkin pie recipes – or any pie recipes, for that matter – are loaded with sugar and refined grains. They may taste great, but they leave you feeling sluggish and on a glu-coaster towards a sugar crash.
This Keto Pumpkin Pie recipe is low-carb, gluten-free, and refined-sugar-free!
This is one fall dessert you don't have to feel guilty about eating!
Main Ingredients in Keto Pumpkin Pie
First things things first, gather all of your ingredients and measure them out.
You will probably have most of the ingredients on hand in your pantry or fridge.
Here is a quick list of what you need:
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Ground cinnamon
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Xanthan gum
- Vanilla extract
- Confectioner erythritol (if you don't have this on hand, you can add the granular erythritol to a food processor and process until if becomes a powder)
- Pumpkin puree
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese
How to Make Keto Pumpkin Pie
This pumpkin pie is pretty simple to assemble, especially when you have all the ingredients measured and ready to go.
First, make the dough in a food processor and freeze it (according to the recipe!) before baking it in a pie dish.
Then, whisk together the pie filling ingredients and pour into the crust to bake it.
And most importantly, try not to eat the entire pie at once. It's tough, we know!
The entire recipe is at the bottom of the post, but follow along for some helpful tips.
Step #1 Make the Crust
The first step is to combine the dry ingredients in a food processor.
Then, add the cold butter and pulse. Add in the egg and pulse again until combined.
Once all the ingredients are combined, form the dough into a ball and freeze for an hour.
Then flatten it between parchment paper (until it is slightly larger than your pie dish) and freeze again for half an hour.
Lastly, press the crust gently into your pie dish and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes while you start on the filling.
PRO TIP: To create a wreath crust, just snip every 2/3 inch at a 45 degree angle and alternate folding the edges in and out. This is totally optional, but does create some dimension in the crust.
Step #2 Make the Pie Filling
While the crust is baking, you can easily whip up the pie filling.
Combine all the filling ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
When the crust has baked for 10 minutes, remove it from the oven and pour the pie filling into the pie dish.
Step #3 Bake it!
Lower the oven temperature to 325°F and bake the pie for 30-40 minutes.
You'll know when it's done when the edges start to turn brown and the center of the pie jiggles slightly (it'll be firm but soft, kind of like a cheesecake).
How to Store Keto Pumpkin Pie
Store this in your refrigerator in an airtight container.
The pie tastes great chilled or hot out of the oven with a scoop of keto whipped cream on top!
This pie will last about 2-3 days in the refrigerator, but it'll taste great at Thanksgiving if you make it the night before or the day of your feast!
Complete Your Keto Thanksgiving Meal!
Now that you have mastered your perfectly tasty and guilt-free pumpkin pie, it's time to surround it with other keto Thanksgiving dishes.
First and foremost, you need a juicy flavorful Keto Turkey with Garlic and Herb Compound Butter!
- Keto Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Sweet Maple Horseradish Sauce
- Keto Green Bean Casserole
- Keto Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Keto Harvest Salad
- Keto Pumpkin Spice Cake
- Keto Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese
- Keto Zucchini Bread
- Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies
Have a fabulous Thanksgiving!!
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
For the Crust
For the Crust
- Pulse the flours, salt, and xanthan gum in a food processor.
- Add in the cold butter, and pulse.
- Then add in the egg and pulse again until just combined and a dough forms.
- Form a ball with the dough and wrap it in plastic wrap and freeze for an hour.
- Roll out the dough in between two layers of parchment paper until it is just larger than your 9-inch pie dish.
- Carefully transfer the dough to a baking sheet and freeze again for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the freezer and transfer to a pie dish. Gently press the dough into the pie dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes and start on the filling.
For the Filling
- Whisk all ingredients in bowl.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling into the par-baked pie crust.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325°F and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- The pie is done when the edges start to turn brown, while the inside slightly jiggles.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!