Our Keto Soft Pretzel Sausages are basically “pigs in a blanket” upgraded! They feature our soft and deliciously chewy pretzel dough wrapped around Italian sausage links and they are so good! These keto soft pretzel sausages are keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free.
Keto Soft Pretzel Sausages
Our Keto Soft Pretzel Sausages are the keto appetizer or snack that you are going to want to make immediately!
You've never tasted anything like these – they're like keto “pigs in a blanket”!
They are soft and chewy. They crisp up perfectly. And the large salt crystals satiate any salty-snack craving you have.
Your Favorite Low-Carb Pretzels
These are going to become your favorite homemade low-carb pretzels.
There are only 4.1 grams of net carbs in each pretzel!
Every bite is so cheesy, soft, and chewy…it's like keto magic.
What's in Keto Soft Pretzels?
If you have baked any keto desserts lately, you probably have most of these ingredients on hand already. The entire recipe is in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Here's what you need in your kitchen to make the pretzels:
- Shredded mozzarella
- Cream cheese
You'll also need Italian sausages, thyme, and sugar-free syrup as well.
Keto Soft Pretzel Dough
The dough for our Keto Pretzels Sausages is the same one we use in our Signature Keto Soft Pretzels.
Check out this video that shows you exactly how to make the dough!
Pretzel Dough Tips
- Make Sure to Melt the Cheese – The dough for the soft pretzel uses a combination of melted mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Make sure all the cheese is completely melted. If you notice any tiny shreds that aren't melted, keep melting it.
- Don't Use an Electric Hand Mixer – If you don't have a stand mixer, get one. It makes this recipe so much easier. Plus, you'll use it over and over again – like if you make our keto cinnamon rolls. But if you don't have one right this minute, you can mix the dough by hand with quite a bit of elbow grease. Don't use an electric mixer, because the dough will stick to the beaters and it will be a mess. Trust us – we know from experience!
- Let Your Dough Cool Before Rolling It Out – The dough is going to be super sticky so make sure you let it cool so it becomes easier to roll out. It's a lot easier to work with if you let it cool off completely after melting the mozzarella.It usually takes about 10 minutes to cool down enough to work with.
Is Dry Yeast Keto-Friendly?
Yes, yeast is keto-friendly. Most people associate yeast with carby breads like white or wheat bread, but the white and processed flour is what makes them carb-heavy.
Yeast is what makes the pretzel dough softer, chewier and helps it rise in the oven.
Without yeast, your pretzel sausages would look like flat breads.
The Best Dipping Sauce for Keto Pretzel Sausages
These pretzel sausages taste great with so many different dipping sauces, but we opted for sugar-free syrup and some fresh thyme.
Either way, these pretzel sausages taste amazing with or without the syrup drizzled on top.
Looking for More Keto Appetizer Recipes?
If you’d like more delicious appetizers that are perfectly keto, then check out these favorites:
- Keto Garlic Knots
- Keto Cheese Sticks
- Keto Chicken Wings with Old Bay
- Keto Italian Cheese Bread
- Keto Crispy Zucchini Fries
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!