Our Keto Soft Pretzel Sausages are basically "pigs in a blanket" upgraded! They feature our soft and deliciously chewy pretzel dough wrapped around Italian sausage links and they are so good! These keto soft pretzel sausages are keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free.
Keto Soft Pretzel Sausages
Our Keto Soft Pretzel Sausages are the keto appetizer or snack that you are going to want to make immediately!
You've never tasted anything like these - they're like keto "pigs in a blanket"!
They are soft and chewy. They crisp up perfectly. And the large salt crystals satiate any salty-snack craving you have.
Your Favorite Low-Carb Pretzels
These are going to become your favorite homemade low-carb pretzels.
There are only 4.1 grams of net carbs in each pretzel!
Every bite is so cheesy, soft, and chewy...it's like keto magic.
What's in Keto Soft Pretzels?
If you have baked any keto desserts lately, you probably have most of these ingredients on hand already. The entire recipe is in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Here's what you need in your kitchen to make the pretzels:
- Shredded mozzarella
- Cream cheese
You'll also need Italian sausages, thyme, and sugar-free syrup as well.
Keto Soft Pretzel Dough
The dough for our Keto Pretzels Sausages is the same one we use in our Signature Keto Soft Pretzels.
Check out this video that shows you exactly how to make the dough!
Pretzel Dough Tips
- Make Sure to Melt the Cheese – The dough for the soft pretzel uses a combination of melted mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Make sure all the cheese is completely melted. If you notice any tiny shreds that aren't melted, keep melting it.
- Don't Use an Electric Hand Mixer – If you don't have a stand mixer, get one. It makes this recipe so much easier. Plus, you'll use it over and over again – like if you make our keto cinnamon rolls. But if you don't have one right this minute, you can mix the dough by hand with quite a bit of elbow grease. Don't use an electric mixer, because the dough will stick to the beaters and it will be a mess. Trust us – we know from experience!
- Let Your Dough Cool Before Rolling It Out – The dough is going to be super sticky so make sure you let it cool so it becomes easier to roll out. It's a lot easier to work with if you let it cool off completely after melting the mozzarella.It usually takes about 10 minutes to cool down enough to work with.
Is Dry Yeast Keto-Friendly?
Yes, yeast is keto-friendly. Most people associate yeast with carby breads like white or wheat bread, but the white and processed flour is what makes them carb-heavy.
Yeast is what makes the pretzel dough softer, chewier and helps it rise in the oven.
Without yeast, your pretzel sausages would look like flat breads.
The Best Dipping Sauce for Keto Pretzel Sausages
These pretzel sausages taste great with so many different dipping sauces, but we opted for sugar-free syrup and some fresh thyme.
Want to make a spicy sauce? Add a few drops of hot sauce, or sprinkle in some red pepper flakes.
Either way, these pretzel sausages taste amazing with or without the syrup drizzled on top.
Looking for More Keto Appetizer Recipes?
If you’d like more delicious appetizers that are perfectly keto, then check out these favorites:
- Keto Garlic Knots
- Keto Cheese Sticks
- Keto Chicken Wings with Old Bay
- Keto Italian Cheese Bread
- Keto Crispy Zucchini Fries
- Keto Deviled Eggs
- Keto Chicken Nuggets
- Keto Superbowl Recipe Round Up
- Keto Spinach Artichoke Tartlets
Keto Soft Pretzel Sausages with Thyme and Sugar-Free Syrup
- 1 lb. Italian sausages cut in half
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast mixed with 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- coarse salt
- 1/4 cup sugar-free syrup
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Heat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the sausage halves on the baking sheet in a single layer for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, microwave the mozzarella and cream cheese for 1 minute. Remove and stir, then microwave again for 40 seconds. Stir again and microwave for another 30 seconds if needed or until the cheese is completely melted and there are no visible shreds.
- In a large bowl fitted to stand mixer with a hook attachment, mix together the almond flour, xanthan gum, yeast mixture, eggs, and 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Next, add in the melted cheese mixture.
- Beat on medium speed until all the ingredients are combined, scraping the sides of the bowl to help get the dough mixed together.
- Allow the dough to cool slightly for 10 minutes so that it is easier to work with and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Tape a large sheet of parchment to your counter.
- Roll out dough into 10 oval shapes (approximately 3 x 3 inches) and wrap the dough around the sausages.
- Transfer the pretzel sausages onto the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle the melted butter over each pretzel sausage and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle the syrup over top of the cooked pretzels and garnish with the fresh thyme.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!
Leave a Reply