Keto Thin Mints are our keto take on this classic cookie. They feature a mint cookie covered in melty chocolate that are so so good! These cookies are keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Keto Thin Mints
These homemade thin mints are crispy little cookies that are seriously addicting and an upgraded keto version of the ones you are used to!
Think crisp mint chocolate cookies coated in chocolate! They taste incredible and your family will love them!
Chocolate And Mint
Chocolate and mint are one of those combinations everyone loves. The flavors go together so well.
The Keto Thin Mints are the perfect balance between mint and chocolate.
To get the fresh minty taste, we are using peppermint extract. You can buy it online or find it near the spices at your local grocery store. A little bit goes a long way so don't overdo it.
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and delicious!
Keto-Friendly Chocolate Brands
Luckily with the gaining popularity of the keto diet, low-carb chocolate brands do exist!
Some of our favorites are:
- Lily's Brand – Is sweetened with stevia and erythritol and doesn't contain any added sugars or artificial sweeteners. There can sometimes be a bad aftertaste with stevia, but you can't taste it at all with this brand.
- Choczero – Is sweetened with monk fruit and doesn't contain any added sugars, sugar alcohols, or artificial sweeteners. This is a great option if you don't tolerate stevia or erythritol well.
- Macalat – Is sweetened with a combination of erythritol and monk fruit. It is made from all organic ingredients and also includes a touch or vanilla and cinnamon.
Be careful with the types of chocolate you buy and always look at the labels for the ingredients and added sugar amount.
For this recipe we used Lily's Chocolate Baking Chips.
Make Your Chocolate Cookie Dough
The first step is making your chocolate cookies.
All you need to do is mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and then beat together the wet ingredients. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in 3 small batches, beating between each batch.
Split the dough in half. Roll out each half in between two layers of parchment paper into a large rectangle until the dough is about 1/4 – 1/3 inches thick.
Carefully, transfer the dough (still in between the parchment paper) to a baking sheet. You can stack them one top of each other as long as they are still separated by the parchment.
Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 1 hour.
Pro Tip: Make sure your dough is frozen, but not too frozen when you go to cut your circles (we found that 1 hour is the perfect time in the freezer).
Cut Out Your Cookie Circles and Bake Them
Take the dough out of the freezer and cut out circle shapes using a 2-inch round cookie cutter.
This recipe makes 55 cookies, so you will need to cut out 55 circles.
Transfer the cookie circles to parchment paper lined baking sheets – we used two of them.
If you don't have two baking sheets, you can make the cookies in two batches. The cookies only take a few minutes to bake, so it won't add much extra time.
Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes.
Pro Tip: These cookies are pretty difficult to tell when they are done baking since they are already a dark brown color. You are going to have to just use your best cooking intuition. We found the perfect baking time to be 8-10 minutes. They will still be soft when you first take them out of the oven, but should crisp up when cooled. Let them cool completely before dipping them in chocolate.
How Do I Melt The Chocolate
To melt the chocolate for these Keto Think Mints, we used the double boiler method.
All you have to do is place a heatproof bowl (we used a glass bowl) over a pot of barely simmering water.
The steam from the water will heat the bowl and melt the chocolate.
Stir the chocolate with a spatula until it is completely melted.
Dip the Keto Thin Mints
Use a fork to coat the the baked (and completely cooled) cookies into the melted chocolate.
Try to work as quickly as possible since the chocolate will begin to harden.
Transfer the dipped cookies to wire rack that is placed over a parchment lined baking sheet.
Let the cookies cool and make sure the chocolate coating has set and hardened before you try to take them off of the wire rack.
Store leftover cookies at room temperature in a sealed container.
More Keto Chocolate Recipes
Looking for more chocolate keto recipes? Check out these favorites:
- Keto Chocolate Brownies with White Chocolate And Peppermint
- Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Triple Chocolate Doughnuts
- Keto Apricot And Pistachio Dark Chocolate Bark
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
For the Cookies
For the Cookies
1. Mix the almond flour, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, and salt in a medium bowl.
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter and monk fruit sweetener together with an electric hand mixer for a few minutes.
3. Stir in the egg white, vanilla, and peppermint extract.
4. Beat in the dry ingredients to your wet ingredients in 3 small batches, beating between each batch.
5. Split the dough in half.
6. Roll out each half in between two layers of parchment paper into a large rectangle until the dough is about 1/4 - 1/3 inches thick.
7. Carefully, transfer the dough (still between the parchment paper) to a baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour.
8. Remove the dough from the freezer and use a cookie cutter to cut out 2-inch circles from the dough.
9. Heat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
10. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
11. Let the cookies cool completely (about 15 minutes) before coating in chocolate.
For the Chocolate Coating
1. Add all ingredients to bowl and melt using a double-boiler or by melting in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between.
2. Use a fork to carefully dip each cookie into the melted chocolate.
3. Lay each cookie to dry on a wire rack that is over a parchment lined baking sheet.
4. Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing from the wire rack.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!