Keto Zucchini Bread recipe is so simple to make and results in a perfectly sweet and incredibly moist loaf of bread every time! At only 3.9 net carbs per slice, this bread is keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Zucchini Bread - Better than Banana Bread
Zucchini bread is absolutely incredible! It's a staple in the CKL kitchen because it's nutritious, easy, and delicious.
This zucchini bread is low-carb, gluten-free, and grain-free...which means you don't have to feel guilty about eating a slice (or two!).
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
How To Make Zucchini Bread
This is a super simple recipe and won't take more than 10-20 minutes to prepare before you pop it into the oven.
A quick tip before you start: After you shred the zucchini, make sure to squeeze out the excess liquid and moisture using paper towels or a cheesecloth. You don’t need to get all the liquid out, just most of it.
The entire recipe is at the bottom of the post, but keep scrolling to see some behind-the-scenes of how to make this bread and some helpful tips.
Main Ingredients in Keto Zucchini Bread
First things first, gather all of your ingredients and measure them out. You will probably have most of the ingredients on hand in your pantry or fridge.
Here is a quick list of what you need:
- Almond flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Coconut oil
- Ground cinnamon
- Xanthan gum
- Vanilla extract
- Granular erythritol (like Swerve)
- Sukrin Gold (or other keto brown sugar substitute)
- Sour cream
- Loaf pans (we used 8x4-inch pans)
- Mixing bowls
- Food processor or stand-up grater
How To Shred Zucchini Noodles
This recipe calls for shredded zucchini, so let's break down the basics.
You don't need to peel the zucchini before you shred it. But you should cut off both ends of the zucchini.
Either use a food processor or shred them using a handheld grater. Both options work.
- Food Processor: Add the grating attachment to your food processor. Cut your zucchini into several smaller pieces for easier grating. Turn on the food processor and place the zucchini in the shoot of the processor to grate.
- Handheld Grater: Place a standup box grater on a plate or cutting board on the counter and shred the zucchini by continuously running it over the large holes of the grater.
Lightly dry the shredded zucchini with paper towels.
Step #1. Mix Wet & Dry Ingredients Separately
In your first mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients (except for the Sukrin Gold and the erythritol) until fully combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients, erythritol, and Sukrin Gold until fully combined.
Step #2. Add the Zucchini
One your zucchini is shredded and squeezed of excess liquid, add it into the egg mixture and stir slowly to incorporate.
Add the dry ingredients as well and mix together until combined.
It should be a nice, thick batter (like the picture below).
Step #3. Pour & Bake
Take two loaf pans and grease them with a bit of butter or coconut oil.
Divide the batter into both loaf pans and bake at for about 40-55 minutes or until the center is cooked through (you can tell it's done when you stick a toothpick into it and it comes out clean with no batter on it).
Is This Keto Zucchini Bread Good for You?
Actually, it is pretty nutritious. Normally, baked breads like this one are full of sugars and refined grains.
But our Clean Keto version is low-carb, grain-free, and full of vitamins, so eat up!
It's a fantastic source of healthy fats and protein.
Plus, the shredded zucchini contains significant amounts of Vitamin B6, riboflavin, folate, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, potassium, and manganese.
Looking for More Keto Recipes
Here are our top picks for keto baked goods:
- Keto Pumpkin Spice Cake
- Keto Pumpkin Pie
- Keto Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese
- Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies
Keto Zucchini Bread
- 3 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granular erythritol
- 1/2 cup packed Sukrin Gold
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut oil melted in the microwave for 30 seconds if in a solid state
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini liquid squeezed out in paper towels
- Heat your oven to 325°F and grease two separate loaf pans (8 x 4 inches).
- Whisk the erythritol, Surkin Gold, eggs, coconut oil, sour cream, and extract in a larger bowl until fully combined.
- Add the shredded zucchini into the egg mixture and stir gently to incorporate.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients into the egg mixture and stir just until combined.
- Divide the batter between the two greased loaf pans.
- Bake for about 40-55 minutes or until the center is cooked through.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!