Here at Clean Keto Lifestyle we provide you with new weekly recipes that are delicious and help you achieve your health goals. However, sometimes you need something a little more on-the-go. We get it, life is busy! We have prepared an ultimate guide for on-the go keto approved foods so that you can make smart and healthy choices even in a pinch!
On-The-Go Grocery Store Picks:
We have gathered up our Top 7 On-The-Go Grocery store picks! You are able to purchases these foods at your local grocery store, Amazon, or even our favorite, Thrive Market. There are so many viable options, these are just our favorites!
- Epic Bars: With a focus on quality ingredients, these meat-based bars are a great on-the-go option for keto. Check the labels and opt for the two flavors that have no added sugars (Chicken Siracha & Venison Sea Salt & Pepper). These bars are low in carbs, grain-free and gluten-free.
- Royal Hawaiian Orchards Macadamia Nuts: Not all nuts are created equal when it comes to the keto diet. Each nut variety has its own fat and carb count profile. Macadamia nuts get high honors when it comes to keto. Macadamia nuts are full of fiber, B-vitamins, and essential minerals. They also serve as an ideal keto snack, with 16.7 grams of monounsaturated fatty acids and only 1.5 grams of net carbs per serving (appx. 10 nuts).
- Fourth & Heart Individual Ghee Packets: Ghee is essentially clarified butter made by cooking and filtering butter. The result is a creamy and delicious lactose-free healthy fat. Full of fatty acids and CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) and having zero carbs, these ghee packets are absolutely keto and extremely versatile. I love to add a packet to a cup of coffee or tea for the perfect keto pick me up.
- Justin’s Almond Butter Packets: Made with just one ingredient: almonds, these packets have 18 grams of fat and only 3 grams net carbs. Eat the almond butter straight from the packet or add it to some celery sticks for a quick keto snack.
- Whisp Chips: These chips are entirely made from cheese! That means no added sugars and only 1 carb for 23 chips. They are light, crispy and packed full of flavor. A perfect keto alternative to the standard high-carb chips (I am talking potato chips, Cheetos and Dortitos to name a few).
- Oloves Basil Garlic Olive Snack Packs: Olives are one of the few fruits that you can eat freely on the ketogenic diet. This is because olives are high in healthy fats and low in carbs, these snack packs are a great option to have when hunger strikes.
- Safe-Catch Packaged Tuna or Salmon: Tuna and salmon both have amazing fat profiles that tout plenty of Omega 3’s. You can keep these easy to open packages in your briefcase or at your desk for a quick keto snack – no can opener required. Eat plain or pump up the healthy fats by adding mayo or extra virgin olive oil.
Check Out This Recipe You Can Enjoy on Keto
On-The-Go Walgreens and CVS Picks:
We are all about preparing healthy keto-friendly foods, however what happens when you're in a pinch and need something right now?! No worries my keto buddies! We have also included our Top 7 On-The-Go Walgreens and CVS Keto food guide. Because we know there is a convenience store nearly on every corner!
- Duke’s Hot & Spicy Smoked Sausage: If you are looking for a keto-friendly snack with a kick, this smoked sausage is for you. Two sausage links have 10 grams of fat and only 1 net carb. Just make sure to have a water nearby to cool your mouth off!
- Wonderful Pistachios No Shell: Having done the hard work for you (aka removing the pesky outer shells of the nut), this bag is full of the good stuff. Since pistachios are a little higher in carbs than other nut so it's best to stick to having only about ¼ a cup which has 13 grams of fat and 5 net carbs!
- Fiorucci Salami and Mozzarella Wraps: You can find these snack packs in the refrigerated section of Walgreens/CVS. These wraps are the perfect finger food, and a good source of fat and protein with just 1 carb.
- Nice Almonds Unsalted: Almonds are a great option for an on-the-go keto snack and are packed with calcium and iron. They are crunchy, savory and satiating. A quarter cup serving has only 3 net carbs and 15 grams of fat.
- Chobani Greek Yogurt: Most flavored yogurts nowadays are full of sugar – I am talking 15-20 grams of sugar per serving! Therefore, to meet the keto requirements choose a plain Greek yogurt that is thick and creamy with only 4 grams of naturally occurring milk sugars. Sprinkle some cinnamon over top to add some sweet and spice.
- Organic Valley Stringles String Cheese: String cheese isn’t just for kids anymore. That’s right, string cheese is actually a perfect handheld zero carb snack. I mean how fun is peeling each little strip of cheese off as you eat?!
- Atkins Harvest Trail Bars – Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter: Granola bars are definitely a no-no on keto with too many carbs and added sugars. Luckily, you do have a tasty alternative. These Atkins Harvest bars only have 4 net carbs per bar and pack 9 grams of fiber.