What are Keto Chaffles? They are only the biggest craze to hit keto foods because they are crispy with the perfect waffle-like texture. Make some keto chaffles tonight for an unforgettable keto meal. These chaffles are keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Grease your waffle maker with some melted butter or coconut oil and turn it on.
In a mixing bowl, stir together all the ingredients until combined.
Pour the batter into a waffle maker (use about 1/3 cup batter for a 7-inch round waffle maker and 3/4 cup batter for a Belgian waffle maker).
Close the lid and allow the batter to cook for about 5 minutes (or according to your waffle maker's instructions).
Please note: As your waffle cooks, it will release steam. Wait until the steam stops coming out before checking on the waffle for doneness. Do not peek while the waffle is cooking. If you lift the lid too early, you could rip the waffle apart!
Remove cooked chaffles from the waffle maker and top with butter/ghee and sugar-free syrup.
- Be sure to grease your waffle maker. This is must to do before adding the batter so that it doesn't stick.
- Measure everything closely. If you use too much cream cheese it could make them soggy.
- Keep the waffle iron closed the entire time. If you open it too soon to check on them, they won't crisp up correctly.
- Don't leave out the almond flour. This is an essential ingredient. If you only use cheese and eggs, it will turn out either like an omelet or a thick fried cheese waffle.
Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 239mg | Sodium: 629mg | Potassium: 141mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1043IU | Calcium: 505mg | Iron: 2mg