We are sharing our “Fool-Proof” Keto Tips to shortcut your way to success! We have both perfected our keto lifestyles by trial and error and have discovered many tips and tricks along the way.
Starting, implementing, and maintaining a keto way of life doesn’t have to be intimidating or painful.
All you need is a little knowledge, some motivation, and lots of healthy fats!
Don’t worry - we've got you covered with our Top Keto Tips so you can seamlessly get into ketosis and start reaping all the amazing benefits!
Check Out This Recipe You Can Enjoy on Keto
Let's Review our Top Clean Keto Tips
1. Get Informed. We truly believe that knowledge is power, so understanding the science behind keto is the best place to start! Head over to this quick and straight-forward keto overview to learn the basics.
2. Keep it REAL! Read labels carefully. Many products are labeled as “sugar-free” or “low-carb”, but come loaded with chemicals and preservatives. These do nothing for your health. Make sure you recognize every ingredient on the food label so you know it is the real deal!
3. Eat FAT to get skinny. It’s true – approximately 75% of what you eat each day on keto will come from fat. Fat is actually the most essential macronutrient that the body needs. You need fat to live. It keeps you feeling full and satisfied, it keeps cravings away, and it is 100% necessary for you to get into ketosis. Embrace healthy fats such as coconut oil, MCT oil, olive oil, and avocados.
4. Be sure to shop for QUALITY! Look for organic and non-GMO veggies, grass-fed beef/dairy, pastured eggs/poultry, and wild-caught seafood. High-quality ingredients are the cornerstone of your keto diet. Check out our guide Quality Food.
5. Don't avoid veggies! Focus on eating vegetables that are on the low-carb spectrum (pretty much anything green is a good choice!) and also make sure you get plenty of fiber. Here is a list of all the non-starchy veggies you can enjoy on keto.
6. Drink, drink, drink and drink. Water, though, not alcohol! Well, maybe a glass of wine once in a while! Aim for at least half an ounce for each pound you weigh.
7. Salt Everything! Contrary to popular belief, our bodies need salt. Salt helps to regulate blood pressure, pass nutrients through our cells and extract excess acidity in the body. But make sure you are using pink Himalayan salt rather than table salt. Pink Himalayan salt is mined from ancient sea beds and is one the of purest salts you can find. Not only is it unrefined, but it also contains a plethora of trace minerals and elements. Even add a pinch of pink Himalayan salt to your drinking water or meals throughout the day to aid with any electrolyte loss.
8. Toss out fake sugars. Throw out your artificial sweeteners (Splenda, Equal, Sweet 'n Low, even Truvia) or anything else that contains aspartame, sucralose, etc. Yes - that also means all diet soda!! Your body can’t tell the difference between artificial sweeteners and actual sugar, so it responds the same and raises your insulin and blood sugar levels.
9. Get moving! Aim to move your body for 30 minutes a day. That could be walking, riding a bike, swimming or going to your favorite fitness class.
10. Think HOLISTICALLY. The Keto diet and its amazing health benefits will change how you think about your life so focus on adapting better habits in all aspects of your life. That includes making sleep a priority, utilizing stress management methods such as meditation or yoga and incorporating green beauty/household products into your daily life.