Our Keto French Toast Casserole with Strawberries is a delicious spin on the classic breakfast dish and can easily feed a crowd. We are taking it up a notch with a strawberry syrup that adds beautiful color and sweetness. This french toast is keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free.
Keto French Toast Casserole
Our Keto French Toast Casserole with Strawberries is fun twist on regular french toast and is absolutely delicious!
You don’t need any excuse to make the keto french toast casserole, especially since it feeds a large crowd.
It’s perfect for Easter brunch or any ordinary weekend morning.
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
Making Keto French Toast
Here at CKL , we love to “keto-fy” traditionally carb-filled recipes.
For this recipe, we take a traditional egg loaf, cut it into slices, and then a coat it in a sweet “keto crust”.
Once the loaf is ready, we put it in a casserole dish, pour a homemade strawberry sryup on top, and bake it.
Keto Ingredient Swaps
With just a few simple swaps, you can turn any dish into a delicious keto one!
For our Keto French Toast Casserole, here are the swaps we made.
- Swap #1: Swap the bread loaf for egg loaf. We make our egg loaf using a base of cream cheese and eggs. It creates the perfect low-carb bread substitute.
- Swap #2: Swap white flour for almond flour! It adds more nutrients and healthy fats, which makes the french toast more filling with less carbs.
- Swap #3: Swap sugar for erythritol! It's a staple for keto desserts and recipes.
What Equipment You Need for Keto French Toast
How to Make Keto French Toast Casserole
In order to make keto french toast casserole, all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- First, bake the egg loaf.
- Second, dip the loaf in the keto crust.
- Third, make your strawberry syrup.
- Fourth, bake it!
Are Strawberries Keto?
While some people strictly prohibit fruits on the keto diet, we believe that certain low-carb fruits can be included in moderation as part of a healthy keto diet. When looking at fruit, pay attention to the net carb count (total carbs minus fiber).
Here are our CKL-approved fruits:
- Lemons and Limes: 4 grams net carbs/fruit
- Blackberries: 6 grams net carbs/cup
- Raspberries: 7 grams net carbs/cup
- Strawberries: 8 grams net carbs/cup
- Blueberries: 9 grams net carbs/half cup
This recipe uses strawberries, which are packed with antioxidants and essential nutrients.
How To Store Leftovers
Leftover Keto French Toast Casserole can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat individual servings in the microwave for 60 seconds or in the oven at 350°F for 15-20 minutes.
More Keto Breakfast Recipes
Looking for more keto breakfast recipes? Check out these favorites:
- Keto Bagels
- Keto Blackberry Crumble Dutch Baby
- Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- Keto Pumpkin Muffins With Cream Cheese
- Keto Triple Chocolate Doughnuts
- Keto Zucchini Bread
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two 8 x 4 inch loaf tins with parchment paper.
- Whisk the eggs, cream cheese, butter, 1/4 cup granular erythritol, salt, and extract together in bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the lined loaf tins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set in the middle.
- Let cool slightly and then cut the loaf into 1 inch slices.
- Line a 9 x 11 inch casserole dish with parchment paper.
- In a shallow bowl, mix 1/4 cup almond flour and 1/4 cup granular erythritol together.
- Dredge the 1 inch loaf slices into the flour mixture and place in the lined casserole dish.
- Heat the strawberries and the remaining tablespoon granular erythritol in small sauce pan on medium-low heat for about 10-15 minutes or until reduced and broken down.
- Pour on top of and in between loaf slices.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the loaf slices crisp up on the outsides.
- Garnish with confectioner erythritol and sugar-free syrup.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!