Keto Peanut Butter Fat Bombs With Chocolate Cookie Crust
are the perfect handheld treat. This recipe features creamy peanut butter layered between chocolate cookies. These are really good and also keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Not Your Typical Keto Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
Normally, fat bombs have the same consistency, somewhere between fudge and cheesecake. They are the perfect way to fix those cravings for sugar and sweets and they keep you feeling full.
But these aren't your typical fat bombs. They have a crumby crust on the top and bottom. They taste like homemade peanut butter cups mixed with cookies. It's like all your favorite desserts rolled up into a divine keto treat!
Let's Talk About That Keto Chocolate Cookie Crust
We love chocolate. If there is a way to make a keto chocolate dessert, we will find it! After perfecting the peanut butter fat bombs, it felt like something was still missing.
The chocolate cookie crust on both the top and bottom is incredible. It resembles a graham cracker crust. But it tastes like chocolate and coffee. Yes, coffee!
What's In Keto Peanut Butter Bombs?
The ingredients are all pretty simple. You might have these all in your pantry already. The entire recipe is at the bottom of this post, but here are the ingredients you need on-hand.
- Almond Flour
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Instant Coffee
- Granular Erythritol
- Grass-Fed Butter
- Coconut Oil
- Unsweetened Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Extract
How To Make Keto Peanut Butter Bombs With Chocolate Cookie Crusts
Just look at how easy these are! Make a large batch and freeze them so you can have plenty on hand during those crazy busy weeks that threaten your keto diet.
#1 Mix the Cookie Ingredients Together
Before you do anything else, make the cookie crust. Use instant coffee, not ground coffee. Just a little bit of instant coffee will enhance the flavors of the cocoa powder. But if you use ground coffee, the texture will be off and the coffee flavor will come through stronger.
#2 Add the Melted Butter
Remember, use grass-fed butter. It's so much better for you. It has more healthy fats than traditional butter. Plus, the flavor of butter is incredible too.
#3 Pour Cookie Mixture Into Cupcake Liners
Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners. You don't need to put very much cookie mixture in them.
Just put enough to line the bottoms. Save room for the other two layers that will go in the cups next.
Do you have to use cupcake liners? Honestly, we used them and preferred this to making them without the liners. It makes the clean-up process a lot easier and gives these fat bombs pretty ridges (like a Reese cup)!
#4 Chill The Fat Bombs In Between Layers
The secret to making all the layers stick together is putting the muffin tin in the refrigerator after each layering step.
After you put the first layer of cookie mixture in the liners, chill all of them for about 20 minutes. Then add the peanut butter mixture.
Put the entire muffin tin back in the fridge for another 45 minutes or an hour. The peanut butter fat bombs have to set before you add the last layer of cookies on top.
Then add the last layer of cookies on top and chill for a final 20 minutes before serving them.
Trust us, this will make them turn out perfect every single time.
#5 Pour Peanut Butter Bomb Mixture On Top
Now it's time to pour the peanut butter mixture on top. As you can see in the picture above, fill them about 2/3 full. Remember to leave enough room for the other half of the chocolate cookie topping.
#6 Add the Chocolate Cookie Topping
Sprinkle it on top, then use the backside of a spoon to smooth it down and press it in slightly. It's almost ready! Now all you have to do is put them back in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before serving them.
Can you freeze the fat bombs?
Yes! You can freeze the fat bombs. In fact, that's the best way to store them if you don't think you'll eat them right away. Just make sure to wrap them up individually in plastic wrap first so they don't all freeze in a giant block.
They will last about 3-6 months in the freezer. When you are ready to eat them, just let them thaw on the counter/table at room temperature for a few minutes. They will taste so refreshing.
How long do fat bombs last in the fridge?
Fat bombs typically last about 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator before they start to change the texture. If you don't think you'll be able to eat them that quickly, store them in the freezer, they will last longer.
A Quick Note About Peanut Butter on Keto
Don't just reach for the first jar of peanut butter you see on the shelf. Most of the popular brands of peanut butter have added sugar. Look for no-sugar-added varieties. Even some “all-natural” labels have added sugars, so read those labels.
Nut Allergies? Use Sunbutter Instead
If you need a peanut-free version of this recipe, replace the peanut butter with sunbutter or another unsweetened nut butter. It will still taste scrumptious.
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
For Chocolate Cookie Layers
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons granular erythritol
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup grass-fed butter, melted
For Peanut Butter Filling
- Line a 12-well muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Mix the almond flour, cacao/cocoa, instant coffee, erythritol, and salt together in a bowl.
- Pour the melted butter into the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of the chocolate mixture and press it into a cupcake liner. Repeat this same process for the remaining liners. Set the remaining chocolate mixture aside.
- Place the muffin tin in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the coconut oil, peanut butter, erythritol, and vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Slowly melt the coconut oil and peanut butter stirring continuously.
- Take the muffin tin out of the refrigerator and use a spoon to gently pour 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture onto the top of each cookie layer.
- Put the muffin tin back in the refrigerator for an additional 45-60 minutes until the mixture is firm.
- Take the muffin tin out of the refrigerator and evenly divide the remaining chocolate cookie mix among the 12 fat bombs. Gently press the chocolate mixture onto the top of the peanut butter filling.
- Put back in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before serving.
- Transfer any left over fat bombs to a sealed container and store in the fridge for up to 7 days.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!