These Keto Cinnamon Rolls with Cranberry and Orange are absolutely delicious and perfect for the holidays! They’re fluffy, soft, and topped with the most amazing icing you've ever tasted! Did we mention these rolls are keto, low-carb, gluten-free, and grain-free?!
Easy Homemade Keto Cinnamon Rolls
Yes – you heard us right! Say hello to these easy keto cinnamon rolls!
In just a few simple steps, you can have the most amazing cinnamon rolls in no time at all.
Making these cinnamon rolls perfect for beginners!
What's In Keto Cinnamon Rolls?
The base of these cinnamon rolls comes from a combination of melted cheese, almond and coconut flours.
This creates a texture similar to a cheese danish.
Each cinnamon roll is extra soft with the most delicious cinnamon swirl! And a pop of cranberries!
Check Out Our Newest Recipe Video
Watch this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
How to Make Keto Cinnamon Rolls
The entire recipe is in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
But as you're making it, follow along with us.
We have step-by-step pictures that will help you as you whip up a batch.
What Equipment You Need
- Mixing bowls
- Plastic wrap
- Rolling pin
- Stand mixer with a hook attachment
- Parchment paper
- 8 x 11 inch baking dish
What to Use Instead of a Stand Mixer
But if you don't have one right this minute, you can mix the dough by hand. It will take some time and arm muscles, but it is doable.
Don't use an electric mixer, because the dough is too think and will get stuck on your beaters.
Gather Your Ingredients
Measuring out all of your ingredients first, makes following the recipe so much easier!
In French, the term for this is call “Mise en place” (MEEZ ahn plahs).
And it means having all your ingredients measured, cut, peeled, sliced, grated, etc. before you start cooking.
It is a technique chefs use to assemble meals so quickly and effortlessly.
Make the Cinnamon Roll Dough
The first step is to mix up the dough.
In a medium microwave safe bowl, microwave the mozzarella and cream cheese for one minute, remove and stir, then microwave for another 45 seconds or until the cheeses are completely melted.
Next, add in the apple cider vinegar, vanilla, eggs, and melted cheese. Place the hook attachment on your stand mixer and mix the ingredients for at least 5 minutes or until completely combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as you go until a dough forms.
This is a very sticky dough.
Conventional cinnamon roll dough has flour, which makes it less sticky.
But this doesn't, so it will stick to your spoon and the sides more – that's normal.
Roll Out the Dough
Since the dough is so sticky, you'll want to place a sheet of plastic wrap on your counter to roll it out.
Create a large bottom layer of plastic wrap by connecting several sheets together until it is at least 24-inches long by 20-inches wide.
Place the dough in the center of the plastic wrap.
Make the top layer of plastic wrap in the same way and size (24 x 20 inches) and place on top of the dough.
Roll out the dough between the two layers of plastic wrap until it is a 20 x 16 inch oval. Stretch out the plastic wrap out if needed so that it doesn't get caught under the dough.
Make the Filling
After you roll out the dough, set it aside. It's time to make the filling.
Since the filling is mostly butter, cinnamon, and sweetener, this is a fun part.
Soften the butter for 15 seconds in the microwave if it is still hard.
Spread the Filling on the Dough
Now you're ready to spread the filling on the dough.
Spread it clear to the edge so there is more filling on each cinnamon roll.
We recommend using a spatula to make spreading the cinnamon mixture even easier.
Sprinkle Fresh Cranberries over the Filling
Sprinkle the fresh cranberries over top of the dough.
Ensure they evenly cover the dough so that each roll has at least a few cranberries.
on't use too many, one cup works perfect and provides the perfect cranberry flavor without being overpowering!
You Can Use Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
Fresh or frozen cranberries work in the recipe.
We recommend fresh cranberries, because they will burst well in the oven.
If you are using frozen cranberries, let them thaw for 20 minutes or so.
Roll The Dough Into a Log
Now take the plastic wrap lengthwise and lift it up slightly.
Use the plastic wrap to help you roll the dough lengthwise into a long log.
Make it as tight as you can.
Cut Out The Cinnamon Rolls
Gently, cut out the cinnamon rolls. The dough will be sticky so be careful and take your time.
Make them about an inch or so wide.
Keep them a consistent size so they bake evenly.
Use a sharp knife or some kitchen twine to cut the rolls out.
How to Cut Cinnamon Roll Dough Without Smashing It
This cinnamon roll dough is very soft.
If you use a knife be very careful, the dough might get smashed and the cinnamon rolls won't look as fluffy.
Instead of a knife, use can also use some string or even unflavored dental floss.
Put the string under the dough, bring it up and criss-cross the string. It will cut the dough like magic.
Place The Cut Out Rolls In A Baking Dish
Put some parchment paper (to prevent sticking) in a glass dish that is 8-inches by 11-inches.
Place the cut out cinnamon rolls in the dish in a single layer.
Bake the rolls at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. Just until the tops and sides turn golden brown.
Your entire house will smell like buttery cinnamon and cranberry.
It's going to smell amazing!
Let The Rolls Cool
Take the keto cinnamon rolls out of the oven and let them cool in the baking dish.
Now for the hard part – don't sneak a bite.
Instead, set them aside and allow them to cool down completely as you make your icing.
Make the Icing
The best part of these keto cinnamon rolls is the icing. It tastes so decadent, that you won't believe it's low-carb.
This icing is flavored with fresh orange juice and zest, giving it a vibrant flavor!
All you need to do is whisk all the icing ingredients together in a medium bowl.
Use a mircoplane to zest your orange. And then squeeze out some of the juice.
Don't worry – 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed orange juice only has 3 net carbs!
Ice the Keto Cinnamon Rolls
When the cinnamon rolls are completely cooled down, drizzle the icing all over them while they are still in the baking dish.
Oh yum. These are amazing!
Make Sure To Let Your Rolls Cool Before Adding Icing
If you add the icing while they are still warm it could melt it. If you want a clear glaze, you can add the icing and let it melt.
But if you want the frosting to stay thick and white, then wait until the cinnamon buns are completely cool first.
Store leftover Keto Cinnamon Rolls with Cranberry and Orange in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 7 days if they last that long!
Looking for More Keto Dessert Recipes?
It's ok to enjoy a keto treat every once in a while. Here are some incredible keto dessert recipes you can enjoy while staying on track:
- Keto Triple Chocolate Doughnuts
- Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies
- Keto Raspberry Cheesecake Almond Bars
- Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
For the Dough
For the Filling
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup keto brown sugar substitute (such as Sukrin Gold)
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
For the Icing
For the Dough
- Heat your oven to 350°F and line a 8 x 11 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, microwave the mozzarella and cream cheese for one minute, remove and stir, then microwave for another 45 seconds or until the cheeses are completely melted.
- In a large bowl fitted for a stand mixer, combine the almond flour, granular erythritol, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt.
- Next, add in the apple cider vinegar, vanilla, eggs, and melted cheese. Place the hook attachment onto the stand mixer and mix the ingredients together for at least 5 minutes or until completely combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as you go until a dough forms.
- Create a large bottom layer of plastic wrap by connecting several sheets together until it is at least 24-inches long x 20-inches wide.
- Place the dough in the center of the plastic wrap.
- Make the top layer of plastic wrap in the same way and size (24 x 20 inches) and place on top of the dough.
- Roll out the dough between the two layers of plastic wrap until it is a 20 x 16 inch oval. Stretch out the plastic wrap if needed so that it doesn't get caught under the dough.
- Remove the top layer of the plastic wrap and move onto the filling.
For the Filling
- In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar substitute, and ground cinnamon.
- Spread out the cinnamon mixture evenly onto the top of the dough.
- Sprinkle the fresh cranberries evenly over top.
- Using the bottom layer of plastic wrap, roll the dough up lengthwise, starting at the long side of the dough oval.
- Cut the dough into 10 cinnamon rolls. The dough will be sticky so use a string if you have it.
- Place the cinnamon rolls in the lined baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the tops and sides of the rolls turn golden brown.
For the Icing
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients. Feel free to add a little more milk until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Allow your cinnamon rolls to cool before topping them with the icing.
- Use a spoon or spatula to spread the icing over cinnamon buns.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!