Keto Filet Mignon with Blue Cheese Sauce is the fanciest (and easiest!) meal to make! Skip the overpriced steakhouse and enjoy these steaks in the comfort of your own home! This dish is also keto, low-carb, paleo, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Keto Filet Mignon
Prepare your taste buds for an oh so fancy keto meal – this filet mignon pairs excellently with a simple blue cheese sauce and tastes extravagant.
And the best part? This entree only requires four ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. Simple sophistication!
All About Filet Mignon
Filet mignon is a cut of beef taken from the smaller end of the tenderloin. The tenderloin is the most tender cut of beef and it is extremely flavorful, making filet mignon one of the most popular steaks out there.
For this recipe (as well as all of our entrees that contain meat products), we choose to use ButcherBox, a monthly subscription service that delivers premium beef, chicken, and pork products right to your home!
It’s convenient, easy, and just… better.
We’re very particular about our protein and make a conscious effort to consume only top quality, humanely sourced beef products. All of ButcherBox’s steaks are grass-fed and grass-finished, which we love!
Wanna see what we get in our ButcherBox – check out the video below.
When you choose ButcherBox, you aren’t supporting factory farming or inhumane practices. The animals are grass-fed and ethically-raised, and they’re done so in sustainable, eco-conscious environments.
As the cherry on top, ButcherBox has an incredible price point, with meals averaging out to less than $6 each. For your beef, chicken, and pork products, it’s definitely the way to go!
Check out Butcher Box today and get $20 off on your first order, plus free bacon and ground beef!
Quality Steak Tastes Better
Since ButcherBox filet mignon comes from grass-fed and grass-finished cattle, the steaks have distinctive marbling and depth. It also has a buttery texture that pair perfectly with creamy sauce.
In addition, grass-fed beef contains higher levels of key nutrients including alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), an omega-3 fatty acid, and conjugated linoleic acid (CLA).
A Simple Blue Cheese Sauce
Our blue cheese sauce is made with butter and parsley, adding tons of flavor and healthy fats to balance out the protein content in the filet mignon.
All you have to do is mix the the cheese, butter, and parsley in a bowl.
When the steaks are done and ready to serve, just spoon the mixture over the steaks and it will melt from the heat of the steak.
What To Serve With Filet Mignon
You'll get exquisite flavors and stay in ketosis! It's a win win!
What Equipment You Need
That's it! Let's get to cooking!
- 2 filet mignon steaks (6 oz. each)
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Remove your steaks from the fridge and bring to room temperature (it usually takes 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, mix the blue cheese, butter, and parsley in a bowl. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Heat your grill pan or outdoor grill to high.
- Make sure steaks are room temperature before grilling.
- Season your steaks with salt and pepper.
- Cook the steaks 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare (cook longer if you prefer a more cooked steak).
- Remove the steaks from the grill and let the steaks rest for 10 minutes under a foil tent. The temperature should rise to 130°F for medium rare.
- Top the steaks with the blue cheese sauce and serve!
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!