Our Keto Bang Bang Chicken Fingers are crunchy, tender, juicy, spicy, a little sweet, and overall delicious. Honestly, they are just so, so, so good! They are keto, low-carb, grain-free, gluten-free, nut-free treat that your whole family will love!
Yes – Chicken Fingers CAN Be Keto:
What is amazing about the Clean Keto Lifestyle way of eating is that we focus on all the amazing things that we CAN eat, rather than coming from a mindset of deprivation and focusing on what we can't eat.
One of the most exciting ways that we do this is by something we like to call KETO-fying!
KETO-fying is the art of taking the foods that we were so accustomed to eating on a Standard American Diet (aka the SAD diet) and turning them into keto recipes that are not only easy, but also nourishing and delicious!
In most cases, all it takes is swapping out the processed grains, refined oils, and loads of sugar for better options.
These Keto Bang Bang Chicken Fingers are a perfect example of how making a few quick swaps, will not only create a keto-friendly dish, but will also elevate the flavor and tastiness!
Let's break down this Keto Bang Bang Chicken Fingers recipe and our keto swaps:
- Swap 1: Move over inflammatory white flour, there is a new “breading” in town – PORK RINDS!! That's right – crispy, crunchy pork rinds are the perfect alternative for the standard breading! They also hold up well when frying in oil.
- Swap 2: Speaking of oil, most chicken fingers are fried in refined oils (vegetable oil, corn oil, canola oil). You can read more about the dangers of these oils here. Our recipe uses coconut oil for frying, which not only has a high smoke point, but also is rich in health benefiting lauric acid, a medium-chain triglyceride (MCT).
- Swap 3: Upgrade your dipping sauce! Sweet & Sour, BBQ, and honey mustard sauces are primarily just sugar! Our Bang Bang sauce gets its sweetness from apple cider vinegar and a touch of erythritol.
Chicken Finger Tips:
- We recommend frying just one chicken finger by itself first just to make sure you have the right oil temperature. If it's too hot, your coating will turn dark brown before the chicken is cooked through. If it's too cold, you will end up with a soggy chicken finger.
- Place the chicken fingers on a wire rack after you pull them from the oil. This way your coating stays as crispy as possible.
- Like all keto fried foods, these are best served right away!
What Equipment You Need:
- 1 small mixing bowl
- 2 shallow bowls
- Various sized measuring cups
- Wire rack
- Cast iron skillet or sturdy skillet (this is our favorite non-toxic one!)
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
How to Make Keto Chicken Fingers
You'll find the complete recipe at the bottom of this post, in the printable recipe card. But first, here are some really helpful step-by-step pictures so you can see how they are made.
1. Mix Wet and Dry Ingredients in Separate Bowls
First, gather all of your ingredients. In a shallow bowl, mix together the pork rinds, Parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne. In another shallow bowl, mix together the egg and heavy cream.
2. Dip the Chicken Fingers Into the Egg and Pork Rind Mixtures
Dip the chicken fingers into the egg mixture, then into the pork rind mixture, being sure to press it in well and that it is coated all over.
3. Fry the Chicken Fingers in Coconut Oil
Heat refined coconut in a cast iron skillet over high heat. Once the oil is hot, place the chicken in the oil. Cook 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the pan and transfer to a wire rack.
4. Make the Bang Bang Sauce
5. Coat the Fried Chicken in Bang Bang Sauce
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
For the Chicken Fingers
- 1.5 lbs. chicken tenderloins
- 2 (1.75 oz bags) plain pork rinds, crushed into fine pieces
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
For the Bang Bang Sauce
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the pork rinds, Parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne.
- In another shallow bowl, mix together the egg and heavy cream.
- Dip the chicken fingers into egg mixture, then into the pork rind mixture, being sure to press it in well and that it is coated all over.
- Heat the refined coconut in a cast iron skillet over high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, place the chicken in the heated oil.
- Cook 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the pan and transfer to a wire rack.
- While the fried chicken fingers are cooling slightly, prepare the Bang Bang Sauce by mixing the mayo, sour cream, Thai chili garlic sauce, apple cider vinegar, and sweetener in bowl.
- Coat the fried chicken fingers in the sauce or use the sauce to dip the fingers into.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and lime wedges.
- Serve and eat immediately.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!
Make Sure To Save This Recipe or Share It!