Keto Chicken Nuggets are the perfect family-friendly lunch, dinner, appetizer, or party snack! These low-carb chicken nuggets are great plain or tossed in our sweet and spicy sauce. They are keto, low-carb, grain-free, dairy free, and gluten-free!
Keto Chicken Nuggets
Keto Chicken Nuggets are the ultimate crowd pleaser! Everyone of all ages loves chicken nuggets.
They are handheld, perfect for dipping, and so darn tasty!
Oh and did we mention they takes less than 30 minutes to make?!
Making Chicken Nuggets Keto
It all comes down to the "breading" that the chicken is coated with.
Traditional chicken nuggets have a wheat flour-based breading, which contains a significant amount of carbs.
How To Make Them
We are baking these in the oven, which makes them super easy!!
All you need to do is chop of your chicken, make the keto "breading" mix, coat the chicken and transfer to the oven.
Step #1. Cut the Chicken into Pieces
We use boneless, skinless chicken breasts in this recipe, but you can use chicken thighs or a combination of both.
Use a sharp knife to cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces.
Try to get them as uniformly-sized as possible so they will cook evenly.
Step #2. Make the Keto Coating
Crush your pork rinds by hand, by food processor, or by purchasing Bacon Sheir Pork Panko- it's already crushed into a fine pork rind grind!
Mix the ingredients together until well combined.
Step #3. Dredge and Bake
In another medium bowl, lightly beat 2 eggs whites. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and fully coat them with the egg whites.
Next, dredge them into the pork rind mixture and make sure they are "breaded" on each side.
Transfer them to to baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 16-20 minutes.
What Dipping Sauce to Use
There are tons of variations on how to serve these keto chicken nuggets.
For your picky eaters you can serve them plain or with no sugar-added ketchup or BBQ sauce.
They are great tossed in buffalo sauce.
Or you can give them an Asian flare with our homemade Sweet and Spicy Sauce. The sauce tastes incredible and takes just a few minutes to make.
More Keto Chicken Recipes
Looking for more keto recipe inspiration? Check out these favorites:
- Keto Fried Chicken
- Keto Butter Chicken Meatballs
- Keto Chicken Fingers With Bang Bang Sauce
- Keto Guido’s Chicken Wings With Orange-Ginger Sauce
- Keto Chicken Wings With Old Bay
- Keto Deviled Eggs
- Keto Superbowl Recipe Round Up
- Keto Chicken and Waffles
Sweet & Spicy Keto Chicken Nuggets
For the Nuggets
For the Nuggets
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat your egg whites with a fork.
- Add the chicken pieces to the bowl with the egg whites and fully coat.
- Next transfer the chicken to the pork rind mixture and dredge to fully coat.
- Place the nuggets onto the lined baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 16-20 minutes.
- While the nuggets are baking, prepare the sauce (if you are using).
For the Sweet and Spicy Sauce (optional)
- Heat all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes. The sauce should thicken and become sticky.
- Drizzle the sauce on top of the baked nuggets or toss them in a bowl to coat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.
- Cut the chicken into similar sized pieces so that they cook through evenly.
- Place the coated chicken in an even layer on the baking sheet with the pieces not touching so that they get crispy all over.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!
Make Sure To Save This Recipe or Share It!