These Keto Garlic Knots with Rosemary are absolute perfection! Serve these in place of carb-filled garlic bread and wow your guests this holiday season. These garlic knots are keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Perfect Keto Garlic Knots
These Keto Garlic Knots are the perfect low-carb garlic bread or dinner roll substitute. They are so simple to make and the flavor is absolute perfection!
As they bake, the smell of butter, garlic, and the slight sweetness of rosemary will fill your home with all the cozy feels. And when they come out of the oven, it will be hard to resist taking a nice bite out of one of them.
Serve these garlic knots at your Thanksgiving or holiday dinner and impress all of your guests.
How to Make Keto Garlic Knots
If you made our keto soft pretzels before, these will be a cinch. The dough is very similar. The main difference is the butter, garlic, and rosemary topping.
The entire recipe only takes about 30 minutes to make. So these are perfect as a last-minute appetizer for a party. They are perfectly portable and happily low-carb.
Keto Garlic Knots Ingredients
There are only a handful of ingredients that you need for this recipe. Here's is the breakdown:
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cream cheese
- Grass-fed butter
- Fresh Rosemary
Definitely, use fresh rosemary. Trust us, fresh rosemary tastes 100 times better than the dried version. If you forget to pick it up from the store, you can use dried, but you'll need a bit more to get the same amount of flavor.
What Equipment You Need
Step #1. Chop The Rosemary
First, you have to chop the rosemary so you can use it on top of the garlic knots.
How do you chop fresh rosemary? You only want to chop and use the rosemary leaves.
With your fingers, pull off the leaves. Then, finely dice them into small pieces. Throw away the stems and don't use them.
Step #2. Melt the Cheeses
Next, melt both the mozzarella and cream cheeses together in the microwave. Make sure you melt them completely so there aren't any shreds of cheese left.
Step #3. Mix the Dry Ingredients With the Eggs
Next add in the melted cheese mixture. Beat on medium speed until all the ingredients are combined, scraping the sides of the bowl to help get the dough mixed together.
Allow the dough to cool slightly for 10 minutes so that it is easier to work with.
Step #4. Mix Together the Butter for the Garlic Knots
Now you will prepare the butter, garlic, and rosemary topping.
In a small saucepan over low heat, stir together the remaining 6 tablespoons of butter, garlic powder, and rosemary.
Set it aside until you are ready to brush it on the knots.
Step #5. Twist the Dough into Knots
Now you are ready to create the knots. Tape some parchment paper down on the kitchen counter and roll out 12-inch ropes that are 3/4-inch in diameter.
Tie your dough ropes into knots and place them on lined baking sheets.
How you tie the knots is completely up to you. There isn't a wrong way or right way to twist garlic knots.
Step #6. Brush the Garlic Butter on Top
After they are tied into knots, brush the melted butter on top.
Sprinkle them with some course salt.
Now they are ready for you to bake them at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
Quick Keto Garlic Knot Baking Tips
These are so easy to make, but here are a few tips before you start that will make sure you have the best knots turn out perfectly.
- Make sure your cheeses are completely melted with no visible shreds. You can melt them in the microwave or on the stove, just stir them frequently.
- Mix your dough while the cheese is still warm, but then allow it to cool slightly before rolling it out. Allowing it to cool a little bit will make the dough less sticky and much easier to roll out.
- Tape the corners of your parchment paper down so that it doesn't slide around while you are rolling out the knots.
Can You Freeze Keto Garlic Knots?
Yes, you can freeze the garlic knots. Just make sure and wrap them individually in plastic wrap or else they will freeze in one large stuck-together pile.
They will last about 3 months in the freezer.
To thaw the frozen garlic knots, heat them in a 350°F oven for about 10-15 minutes or until they are completely warmed.
How to Store Keto Garlic Knots
The best way to store keto garlic knots is on the counter in an airtight container with a lid.
They will last about a week if you store them this way.
What To Eat with Keto Garlic Knots
These are the perfect keto side dish. We recommend eating them with these perfect keto entrees:
- Keto Cauliflower and Leek Soup
- Keto Autumn Salad
- Keto Filet Mignon with Blue Cheese Sauce
- Keto Thai Mussels
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
- Heat your oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, microwave the mozzarella and cream cheese for 1 minute. Remove and stir, then microwave again for 40 seconds. Stir again and microwave for another 30 seconds if needed or until the cheese is completely melted and there are no visible shreds.
- In a large bowl fitted to stand mixer with a hook attachment, mix together the almond flour, eggs, xanthan gum, yeast mixture, and 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Next add in the melted cheese mixture.
- Beat on medium speed until all the ingredients are combined, scraping the sides of the bowl to help get the dough mixed together.
- Allow the dough to cool slightly for 10 minutes so that it is easier to work with.
- Tape a large sheet of parchment to your counter.
- Portion the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Roll out the dough into roughly 12-inch ropes that are about 3/4-inches in diameter.
- Tie your dough ropes into knots and place them on the lined baking sheets.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, stir together the remaining 6 tablespoons of butter, garlic powder, and rosemary.
- Spoon or brush half of the garlic rosemary butter onto the knots.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Once out of the oven, spoon or brush on the remaining garlic rosemary butter.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!