These Keto Spinach Artichoke Tartlets are hand-held bites of heaven. Cute cups of creaminess. Portable perfection. And they are keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Handheld Keto Spinach Artichoke Tartlets
These Keto Spinach Artichoke Tartlets are delicious, hearty, and filling.
They are easy to make and very versatile.
You can make these for a weekend brunch, dinner party, or as a portable snack on the go.
Your non-keto friends will love them too!
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
Spinach and Artichoke Filling
Spinach and artichoke is a classic pairing. And we thought it would be even better stuffed into a doughy crust!
To make this filling, all you need are a few ingredients:
- Frozen spinach
- Artichokes in a can
- Cream cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- An egg
Then just mix it all together in a bowl.
This Keto Spinach Artichoke filing would also taste amazing stuffed in portobello mushrooms or topped on pretzels.
How to Make the Tartlet Dough
The tartlet "dough" is made with melted butter and mozzarella (hello healthy fats!), which makes the "crust" really buttery and cheesy.
Then we add an egg and some coconut flour to create a sturdy dough that can handle the spinach artichoke filling.
This dough is so much better than the flaky carb-filled tartlets you'd find on a non-keto diet.
It is delicious!
Spinach is loaded with vitamins and minerals including iron, magnesium, calcium, folic acid, calcium, vitamins B6 and B9, and antioxidants.
It also has a very mild taste which makes it a perfect choice to add nutrients to this dip!
We use a package of frozen spinach in this recipe, but you can use fresh spinach - you just need to wilt it.
Cook the fresh spinach in a skillet with a little drizzle of avocado oil.
Once the spinach has cooked down, transfer it to a place, and then let it cool. Once cooled, use a big paper towel and scoop the spinach into it. Gently squeeze it over the sink to release the liquids.
The artichoke’s active ingredient, cynarin, has been proven to aid in digestion.
It also has antioxidants, which make this wonderful keto vegetable.
Opt for artichoke hearts in the can. Then just drain them well and chop them up before using them in this filling.
Quick Tartlet Tips
Before you get cooking, here are some pro tips for you:
- Roll the dough out while it is still warm to avoid tearing. If tears occur, just press the dough back together.
- You may have to roll the dough out a few times with the excess to get 12 circles.
- Don't use a cup/dish that is less than 4-inches wide to make your circles.
- If tears occur while putting your circles into the muffin wells, use some extra dough to patch them up.
- When the tartlets are done baking, run a knife along the edges to help them come out easily.
Craving More Keto Recipes?
If you’d like more delicious dishes that are perfectly keto, then check out these favorites:
Keto Spinach Artichoke Tartlets
For the Tartlet Cups
For the Filling
- 10 oz. package frozen spinach defrosted and liquid drained
- 14 oz. can of artichokes drained and chopped
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
For the Tartlet Cups
- Heat your oven to 350°F.
- Microwave the cheese and butter in a bowl for 90 seconds.
- Knead the dough with your hands to get all the ingredients fully incorporated.
- Roll the dough out between 2 pieces of parchment paper so that it is thin (about 1/4 inch thick).
- Use a cup or small dish that is about 4-inches wide in diameter to cut circles in the dough. You may need to re-roll the dough a few times to make circles out of the excess. You should end up with 12 circles.
- Grease a 12-well muffin tin with some melted butter and place the dough circles into each well. Use extra dough to patch up any tears.
- Next, move on to the filling.
For the Filling
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- To Assemble
- Place about 3 tablespoons of the filling into the center of each dough circle in the muffin tin.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
- When the tartlets are done baking, let cool slightly and then run a knife along the edges to help them come out easily.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!