These Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are amazing. They have such a rich dark chocolate flavor and ooey-gooey texture…these are some of the best keto cookies you'll ever have! They are also keto, low-carb, dairy-free, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Say Hello to Our Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Is there anything better than a fresh batch of cookies straight from the oven?
The only way cookies could get any better would be if they were low-carb, free of refined sugar, and still tasted amazing!
Look no further! Our Keto Triple Chocolate Cookies check off all of these boxes!
These cookies are hands down our favorite! The texture is like a bakery-style cookie and the flavor is very chocolaty…something worth obsessing over!
Yes – Cookies CAN be Keto:
What is amazing about the Clean Keto Lifestyle way of eating is that we focus on all the amazing things that we CAN eat, rather than coming from a mindset of deprivation and focusing on what we can't eat.
Think you can't have cookies? Think again!
One of the most exciting ways that we do this is by something we like to call “keto-fying”
Keto-fying is the art of taking the foods that we were accustomed to eating on a Standard American Diet (aka the SAD diet) and turning them into keto recipes that are not only easy, but also nourishing and delicious!
In most cases, all it takes is swapping out the processed grains, refined oils, and loads of sugar for better options.
These Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are a perfect example of how making a few quick swaps, will not only create a keto-friendly dish, but will also elevate the flavor and tastiness!
- Flour – Instead of using white flour that is full of carbs and gluten, we are using a combination of almond flour and xanthan gum. Xanthan gum is a plant-based, gluten free solution is perfect for thickening batters when baking. You can find it in the baking aisle of your grocery store or online.
- Sugar – Instead of using regular sugar, we are using keto-friendly sugars that have zero net carbs. There are quite a few varieties available now, our favorites for this recipe are granular erythritol (like Swerve Brand) and Sukrin Gold (which is a brown sugar substitute).
- Chocolate – Most store-bought chocolates are full of sugar, so we like to opt for keto-friendly versions. Luckily with the gaining popularity of the keto diet, low-carb chocolate brands do exist!
Favorite Keto Chocolate Brands
Some of our favorites are:
- Lily's Brand – Is sweetened with stevia and erythritol and doesn't contain any added sugars or artificial sweeteners. There can sometimes be a bad aftertaste with stevia, but you can't taste it at all with this brand.
- Choczero – Is sweetened with monk fruit and doesn't contain any added sugars, sugar alcohols, or artificial sweeteners. This is a great option if you don't tolerate stevia or erythritol well.
- Macalat – Is sweetened with a combination of erythritol and monk fruit. It is made from all organic ingredients and also includes a touch or vanilla and cinnamon.
Be careful with the types of chocolate you buy and always look at the labels for the ingredients and added sugar amount.
For this recipe we used Lily's Chocolate Chips.
Baking Keto Chocolate Cookies
These cookies are so easy to make.
Just whip up your cookie batter in a few quick steps.
Then pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat until just combined.
Gently, stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop large spoonfuls of the batter onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 375°F for 10 minutes.
Remove from the over and let them cool on the baking sheet for 30 minutes.
- If you can, use Sukrin Gold. Sukrin Gold is like a “keto brown sugar” and it gives the cookies a deeper depth of flavor and texture! If you don't have Surkin Gold, you can substitute it for granular erythritol.
- Let the butter sit at room temperature to soften in order to make it easier to mix.
- Sift the cocoa powder and almond flour so you don't have lumps in the dough.
More Keto Chocolate Recipes
Looking for more chocolate keto recipe? Check out these favorites:
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
- Heat your oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, Sukrin Gold, and granular erythritol together with an electric mixer.
- Add in the eggs and beat again until fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, almond flour, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Gently, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the batter onto the lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the over and let them cool on the baking sheet for 30 minutes.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!