It's our beloved Keto Soft Pretzel recipe, but this time we are taking it next level by topping our keto soft pretzels with spinach artichoke dip. These pretzels are glorious! They are also keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
All About Keto Soft Pretzels
Low-carb pretzels exist and they are absolutely delicious!
These things are incredibly filling and you will likely find a half pretzel to be more than enough!
Feel free to make them as large or small as you please!
Spinach artichoke dip makes a deliciously messy and ooey-gooey topping for the soft pretzels. You can double the spinach artichoke dip recipe to have more for later!
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
What's in Keto Soft Pretzels
If you have baked any keto desserts lately, you probably have these ingredients on hand already. The entire recipe is in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Here's what you need in your kitchen to make the pretzels:
Step By Step Instructions on Making Keto Soft Pretzels
Since these pretzels use a fathead dough as the base, making these pretzels only take a few steps.
Let's walk through exactly how to make these pretzels so they turn our amazing every time!
Step #1. Melt Your Pretzel Cheese Base
The dough for the keto soft pretzel uses a combination of melted mozzarella cheese and cream cheese.
In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, microwave the mozzarella and cream cheese for 1 minute.
Remove and stir, then microwave again for 40 seconds. Stir again and microwave for another 30 seconds if needed or until the cheese is completely melted and there are no visible shreds.
Make sure all the cheese is completely melted. If you notice any tiny shreds that aren't melted, keep melting it.
Step #2. Let the Dough Cool Before Rolling It Out
This is going to be a super-sticky dough.
It's a lot easier to work with if you let it cool off completely after melting the mozzarella.
It usually takes about 10 minutes to cool down enough to work with.
Step #3. Roll out the Dough and Make the Perfect Soft Pretzel Shape
There's an art to creating the perfect soft pretzel shape. We have some pictures to help you see the entire process.
But first, tape down your parchment paper. You'll be rolling out very sticky dough. Taping down the paper will save you a lot of frustration.
Roll Out the Dough Into a U Shape
First, make a long snake out of your dough. Then, form the letter U.
Lay the Left Leg On Top of the Right One
Next, pick up the left "leg" of the U, and put it on top of the right one. It should look like the photo below.
Twist the "Legs" Once
Pick up the legs and twist them once, putting the left one underneath the right one. It should look like the photo below.
Pull the Legs Down and Form a Pretzel Shape
Now you are ready to make it look like a pretzel. Just take those twisted "legs" and pull them down towards you and lay them on the middle of the pretzel.
See! Aren't they pretty?
Step #4. Bake In The Oven
Sprinkle the pretzels with coarse salt and add these to the oven.
Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
How to Make Different-Sized Pretzels
Here are the sizes and shapes for other pretzels.
- For 12 small pretzels, roll the dough out in 14-inch long ropes.
- For 9 medium pretzels, roll the dough out into 18-inch long ropes.
- For 4 large pretzels, roll the dough out into 24-inch long ropes.
Then just follow the same method as detailed above to create your pretzel shapes.
Other Pretzel Tips
Using the yeast in this recipe is important! It really gives it that authentic soft pretzel taste and texture. Make sure to let the yeast sit for 10 minutes.
Also, knead the dough well before shaping in into the pretzels.
Making the Spinach and Artichoke Dip
While the pretzels are baking - make the Spinach and Artichoke dip.
It couldn't be easier, just heat all ingredients together in saucepan over medium heat.
Stir until the cheeses are fully melted and the spinach is warmed.
Assemble The Pretzels
Top the baked pretzels with the Spinach Artichoke Dip and sprinkle on a little more shredded mozzarella.
If you have it, sprinkle on some Steak Seasoning for some extra flavor.
Put them back in the over for 2-3 minutes just until the cheese is melted.
Looking for More Keto Recipes?
If you’d like more delicious recipes that are perfectly keto, then check out these favorites:
- Keto Cheese Bread – Focaccio Di Recco Recipe
- Keto Cheese Sticks With Havarti And Dill Dipping Sauce
- Keto Garlic Knots With Rosemary
- Keto Spinach Artichoke Tartlets
- Signature Keto Soft Pretzels With Creamy Cheese Dip & Mustard Butter
- Keto Reuben Soft Pretzels
Keto Spinach and Artichoke Soft Pretzels
For the Pretzels
For the Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 10 oz frozen spinach box chopped (thawed and liquid squeezed out)
- 14.5 oz artichoke hearts can, drained and chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
For the Pretzels
- Heat your oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, microwave the mozzarella and cream cheese for 1 minute. Remove and stir, then microwave again for 40 seconds. Stir again and microwave for another 30 seconds if needed or until the cheese is completely melted and there are no visible shreds.
- Next add in the melted cheese mixture.
- Beat on medium speed until all the ingredients are combined, scraping the sides of the bowl to help get the dough mixed together.
- Allow the dough to cool slightly for 10 minutes so that it is easier to work with.
- Tape a large sheet of parchment to your counter.
- Portion the dough into equal portions (12 portions for small pretzels, 9 portions for medium pretzel, 4 portions for giant pretzels).
- Roll each dough portion into a rope shape that is no thicker than 3/4 on an inch.
- Form your pretzel shapes with the dough (see the pictures above for our technique) and place them the lined baking sheets.
- Space them at least 1 1/2 inches apart from one another.
- Brush on the remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter to the tops of the pretzels and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
For the Spinach Artichoke Dip
- While the pretzels are baking, heat all ingredients together in saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until the cheeses are fully melted and the spinach is warmed.
- Top the baked pretzels with the Spinach Artichoke Dip and sprinkle on a little more shredded mozzarella.
- If you have it, sprinkle on some Steak Seasoning for some extra flavor.
- Put them back in the over for 2-3 minutes just until the cheese is melted.
We Can't-Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!