Keto Bacon Wrapped Scallops are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. They have a spooky look making these scallops the perfect Halloween appetizer to serve at your party! These bacon wrapped scallops are keto, low-carb, paleo, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Oh Scallops, How We Love Thee
Scallops are like the steak of the seafood world.
So meaty and just a little sweet when seared just right with an appealing texture and truly succulent flavors.
The 411 of Scallops
Scallops are actually an excellent source of Vitamin B12, magnesium, and potassium, all which provide significant benefits for the cardiovascular system.
A 3 ounce serving of scallops has no carbs, 14 grams of protein, and actually no grams of fat so make sure to cook these in lots of healthy fats for keto purposes.
In this recipe, we are cooking with avocado oil and the fat from the bacon.
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
The Keys to Making the Perfect Scallop
Scallops are extremely easy to prepare. Here are the steps to follow to get a perfectly cooked scallop every time!
- Pat your scallops dry. This will get them nice and crisped on the outside.
- Get your skillet hot. Heat it on the stove top over high heat.
- Once it is hot, add in your oil (we like to use avocado oil).
- Put your scallops in the skillet in a single layer and then reduce the heat just slightly.
- Don't overcook them. All you need is 2-3 minutes on each side.
What Ingredients You Need
- High-quality bacon (get free bacon now!)
- Sea scallops
- Avocado oil
- Keto-friendly ketchup
- Thai chili garlic sauce
- Balsamic vinegar
What Equipment You Need
Bacon and Scallops – The Perfect Pair
Bacon wrapped scallops are so delicious together.
Salty bacon wrapped around a sweet scallop are just too good to resist!
These key is making sure that you end up with perfectly cooked bacon and scallops.
If you don’t do it right, you can end up with perfectly cooked scallops and undercooked bacon, or vice versa.
As a result, we like to cook our bacon and our scallops separately, then combine the two cooked elements. This method results in both perfectly cooked bacon and scallops.
Let's go over our method in detail!
Step #1. Prepare the Bacon
We will first start on the bacon.
We absolutely love cooking bacon in the oven. It is such a simple technique and is so easy to clean up!
First things first, heat your oven to 370°F.
Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and add the bacon strips in a single layer. Bake for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
Make sure to no over-crisp your bacon. We want the bacon to be cooked and crisped, but not overly crisped to the point where the bacon crumbles when we try to wrap it around the scallops.
The bacon needs to remain pliable.
Remove the bacon form the oven and transfer to a paper-towel lined plate to cool just slightly and soak up any extra grease. It helps to wrap the scallops while the bacon is still hot.
Step #2. Cook The Scallops
While bacon is baking in the over, heat a large skillet to medium high heat and add the avocado oil.
Pat your scallops dry and place them in the skillet.
Sear scallops for 2-3 minutes on each side.
The seared outsides of the scallops are the best part! The searing process helps to caramelize the outsides and give them a sweet taste and nice texture.
Bring It All Together
While bacon is still warm, wrap one slice around each scallop and secure them with a metal cocktail skewer.
In small bowl, mix together the keto-friendly ketchup, thai chili garlic sauce, and vinegar.
Brush the sauce on the tops of each bacon wrapped scallop and serve.
More Keto Seafood Recipes
Looking for more keto seafood recipes? Check out these favorites:
- Keto Coconut Shrimp
- Keto Crab Rangoons
- Keto Seared Scallops With Herbed Butter
- Keto Cajun Shrimp And Sausage Kabob Salad
- Keto Fish Tacos With Bang Bang Sauce
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
- Heat your oven to 370°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and add the bacon strips in single layer.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway. Do not over-crisp your bacon.
- Allow the bacon to slightly cool on the paper towels to soak up any extra grease.
- While the bacon is baking, heat a large skillet to medium high heat and add the avocado oil.
- Sear the scallops for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- While the bacon is still warm, wrap one slice around each scallop and secure them with a metal cocktail skewer.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ketchup, thai chili garlic sauce, and vinegar.
- Brush the sauce on the tops of each bacon wrapped scallop and serve immediately.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!