Scallops cook up in less than 10 minutes and have so much flavor. Top these with herbed butter and you will have a perfect keto dish every time!
Oh Scallops, How We Love Thee:
Scallops are like the steak of the seafood world. So meaty and just a little sweet when seared just right with an appealing texture and truly succulent flavors.
The Keys to Making the Perfect Scallop:
Today's lesson is all about cooking a scallop to perfection. Here are the steps to follow to get a perfectly cooked scallop every time!
- Pat your scallops dry. This will get them nice and crisped on the outside.
- Get your skillet hot. Heat it on the stove top over high heat.
- Once it is hot, add in your oil (we like to use avocado oil or olive oil).
- Put your scallops in the skillet in a single layer and then reduce the heat just slightly.
- Add in the butter immediately. The butter helps give a sweetness and helps to add to the lovely brownness.
- Don't overcook them. All you need is 2-3 minutes on each side.
What Equipment You Need:
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
- 1 lb. sea scallops, patted dry and lightly seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 stick butter, softened (with 1 tablespoon set aside)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- touch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Make the Herbed Butter by adding butter, garlic, shallot, lemon juice/zest, parsley, thyme, dill, and salt and pepper together in bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet to high heat.
- Add in oil.
- Put in scallops, not overcrowding the skillet (it may take two batches).
- Turn heat down slightly.
- Immediately add 1 tablespoon of butter once scallops are in.
- Cook for 2-3 minute on first side, or until browned and crisped. Turn and cook 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Remove to plate.
- Turn down heat to medium low and add in wine and stir.
- Add in half of your herbed butter. Melt and stir.
- Plate scallops and drizzle melted butter on top.
- Garnish with a touch of micro greens or fresh herbs and serve hot.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!