Keto Seared Scallops cook up in less than 10 minutes and have so much flavor. Top these with herbed butter and you will have a perfect keto dish every time! They are keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Keto Seared Scallops
These Keto Seared Scallops with Herbed Butter are simply classic. Classic flavors. Classic technique. Classic results.
This dish might be the easiest dinner entree out there! This meal comes together in less than 10 minutes and is a complete showstopper!
Serve this for an easy weeknight dinner or let this dish be the star of a fancy dinner party.
Oh Scallops, How We Love Thee
Scallops are like the steak of the seafood world. So meaty and just a little sweet when seared just right with an appealing texture and truly succulent flavors.
Today's lesson is all about cooking a scallop to perfection. Here are the steps to follow to get a perfectly cooked scallop every time!
- Pat your scallops dry. This will get them nice and crisped on the outside.
- Get your skillet hot. Heat it on the stove top over high heat.
- Once it is hot, add in your oil (we like to use avocado oil or olive oil).
- Put your scallops in the skillet in a single layer and then reduce the heat just slightly.
- Add in the butter immediately. The butter helps give a sweetness and helps to add to the lovely brownness.
- Don't overcook them. All you need is 2-3 minutes on each side.
What Equipment You Need
Let's get cooking!
Herbed butter is so easy to make. Just soften your butter to room temperature (you still want it to to be solid).
Then add the softened butter, garlic, shallot, lemon juice/zest, parsley, thyme, dill, and salt and pepper together in bowl.
Set the butter aside and start working on your scallops.
Sear Your Scallops
Make sure to pat your scallops dry and place them in a single layer in the skillet. Don't overcrowd them.
Turn heat down slightly and immediately add 1 tablespoon of plain butter.
Cook the scallops for 2-3 minute on first side, or until browned and crisped.
Flip the scallops and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side. Then transfer to a plate right away to avoid overcooking them.
After the scallops are removed from the skillet, turn down the heat to medium low and add in the wine and stir to deglaze.
Add in the herbed butter. Melt and stir.
Plate the scallops and drizzle the melted herbed butter over top.
Garnish with a touch of micro greens or fresh herbs and serve hot.
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
For the Scallops
- 1 lb. sea scallops, patted dry and lightly seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
For the Herbed Butter
- 1 stick grass-fed butter, softened
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, leaves removed from stems and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Make the Herbed Butter by adding all the ingredients to a bowl and stirring gently until combined. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet to high heat.
- Add in the avocado oil.
- Carefully add the scallops to the skillet, making sure not to overcrowd them (depending on the size of your skillet, it may take two batches).
- Turn heat down slightly to medium-high.
- Immediately add the tablespoon of butter to the skillet once the scallops are in.
- Cook the scallops for 2-3 minute on one side, or until browned and crisped. Then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Remove them from the skillet so they don't overcook.
- Turn down the heat to medium-low, add in the wine and stir to deglaze the skillet.
- Add in your Herbed Butter. Melt and stir.
- Plate the scallops and drizzle the melted butter over top.
- Garnish with a touch of micro greens or fresh herbs.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!