Upgrade your brunch with these Ham and Gruyere Keto Egg Puffs! They're fluffy egg bundles filled with asparagus, scallions, ham, and Gruyere cheese – simple yet sophisticated. These egg puffs are low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Keto Egg Puffs
These keto egg puffs are the perfect brunch food and look so exquisite yet are so simple to make!
They're perfect little cups of low-carb heaven.
The combination of ham, Gruyere, and asparagus is so flavorful, and the dill and scallions add a fresh taste and pop of color for the best spring and summer brunch puffs.
All About Keto Egg Puff Pastry Crust
Even though “traditional” pastry puff dough is loaded with carbs, you can still enjoy egg puffs on keto diet thanks to the wonder that is Fathead crust!
Fathead crust is a keto “dough” made out of mozzarella, cream cheese, egg, and almond flour – ingredients that contain lots of healthy fats and nutrients to keep you satisfied!
This Fathead crust recipe can be used for pizzas, sandwiches, flatbreads, and even calzones – essentially anywhere you'd typically have bread.
Making the Dough Layer
Have you ever made a low-carb keto Fathead dough? If not, it is unbelievably easy!!
Simply microwave the cheeses until they are melted, then mix the melted cheese mixture with an egg and almond flour until a dough forms.
Knead the dough with your hands, spreading and folding it in half repeatedly until incorporated.
That's it! It will look and taste just like “real” pastry puff dough!
Fathead Dough Video Tutorial
Check out this video that we made for our Keto Calzones that features how to make fathead dough.
Onto the Keto Egg Puff Filling
These keto egg puffs use asparagus, ham, Gruyere, and scallions but you can mix it up and use your own combination of veggies, cheese, and meat!
For these puffs, whisk together all the ingredients (except for the dill) in a bowl, then pour the egg mixture into the dough-lined muffin cups.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until the dough is golden brown and the center is thoroughly cooked.
Garnish with chopped dill and serve for a delicious brunch!
What Equipment You Need
Quick Keto Egg Puff Tips Before Your Get Started
- Make sure to both knead and roll out your dough! Don't skip these steps.
- The fathead dough may seem super gooey at first, but keep kneading it until you get a dough-like consistency. It takes a bit of practice, but once you get the hang of it it'll be super easy to make!
- Finely chop up your filling ingredients (ham, Gruyere, scallions, and asparagus) so that they can fit into each muffin compartment and be mostly covered by the eggs. That way, the egg puffs will cook evenly and have enough flavor in each bite!
Looking for More Keto Fathead Dough Recipes?
Check out these keto recipes:
- Keto Flatbread with Asparagus and Goat Cheese
- Chili Relleno Pizza
- BLT Pizza
- Keto Calzones
- Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ham, diced
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 oz. Gruyere, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Put the mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove, stir, and microwave again for another minute or until fully melted.
- Add the egg and almond flour to the bowl and mix until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough with your hands, spreading it and folding it in half repeatedly until incorporated.
- Roll out the dough between two layers of parchment paper into a 14 x 7 inch rectangle. Remove the top layer of parchment paper and use a knife to cut the dough into 3.5 inch squares.
- Grease a muffin tin well and gently lay the dough squares into 8 of the cups.
- Whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, scallions, asparagus, ham, Gruyere, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly into the dough-lined muffin cups.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the center is cooked through and the dough is golden brown.
- Garnish with the chopped dill.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!