This Keto Cauliflower Gratin is the perfect side dish! Simple to make and the perfect complement to any keto entree. This gratin is creamy and full of flavor - and it's keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Keto Cauliflower Gratin
Creamy, hearty, and delicious - that's ALL we can say about this Keto Cauliflower Gratin.
Fresh rosemary gives this dish lovely earthy notes, and the combination of cauliflower and cheeses makes it the perfect side dish to accompany any meal!
This dish will soon be in regular rotation on your dinner table.
All About Keto Cauliflower Gratin
Keto Cauliflower Gratin is a "keto-fied" version of potatoes au gratin (or scalloped potatoes).
Potatoes au gratin is a carb-heavy dish full of potatoes and cream, but our version of this hearty dish swaps potatoes for cauliflower!
The end result is a low-carb comfort food that you'll want to make over and over again.
Check Out Our Latest Recipe Video
In our latest recipe video we are making our CKL Signature Pretzels. Find the recipe here.
What You'll Need For the Gratin
This recipe comes together fairly quickly and only needs a few kitchen tools:
- Large pot
- Baking dish
- Aluminum foil
That's it! Let's get to cooking!
How to Make Keto Cauliflower Gratin
First, preheat your oven to 350°F.
Combine the heavy cream and cream cheese in a large pot over heat medium-low heat.
Stir in mozzarella and Parmesan cheese until everything is combined. Then, add your spices.
Finally, add the chopped cauliflower and onion and toss to coat.
Once everything is combined, pour into a baking dish, top with extra Parmesan for garnish, top with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
To get the golden-brown "crust" on top, uncover the dish and bake at 400°F for another 5-10 minutes.
Can You Use Frozen Cauliflower?
Frozen vegetables are a great cost-efficient way to eat healthy, and they are just as nutritious as fresh vegetables.
This keto cauliflower gratin is all about the texture, so frozen cauliflower may end up getting soggy in the oven.
We recommend thawing your frozen cauliflower completely before using it in the recipe.
How to Store Leftovers
This Keto Cauliflower Gratin is best served hot and the whole family will want seconds!
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat, simply pop into the oven for 10-15 minutes at 350°F to get the cheese warm and bubbly.
What To Serve With This Dish
The cauliflower gratin tastes great with almost everything! Here are some of our favorite entrees to serve it with:
Other Delicious Keto Sides
- Halloween Keto Braised Octopus with Pesto Shirataki Noodles
- Keto Cauliflower Mash with Roasted Garlic and Rosemary
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
Keto Cauliflower Gratin
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese plus 2 tablespoons for extra garnish
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 small Onion thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, combine the heavy cream and cream cheese.
- Add in the Parmesan and mozzarella cheese and stir until melted.
- Add in the rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Gently add the cauliflower florets and onion slices into the sauce and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 8" x 11" baking dish and sprinkle on the extra 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and turn the heat up to 400°F.
- Bake uncovered for 5-10 more minutes or until the top starts to turn golden brown.
- Serve while hot.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!