If you love Reuben sandwiches, these Keto Reuben Soft Pretzels are the perfect treat! They're cheesy, soft, and delicious. These keto soft pretzels are keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Keto Reuben Soft Pretzels
Our Keto Reuben Soft Pretzels are the keto appetizer or snack that you are going to want to make immediately!
You've never tasted anything like these – they're the perfect cheesy Reuben upgrade to our classic keto pretzels!
They are soft, chewy, and perfectly crispy. The Reuben dip on top makes them so deliciously hearty!
What's in Keto Soft Pretzels?
The first step in this recipe is to make your pretzels!
Here's what you need in your kitchen to make the keto soft pretzels:
How to Make Keto Pretzels
Stop right here! And check out this video to see how to make the pretzels!
It gives you a step-by-step tutorial so you know exactly how to make them.
Step #1. Melt Your Cheese
The dough for the soft pretzel uses a combination of melted mozzarella cheese and cream cheese.
Pop the cheese in the microwave for a total of 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds.
Make sure all the cheese is completely melted.
If you notice any tiny shreds that aren't melted, keep melting it.
Step #2. Make the Pretzel Dough
Beat on medium speed until all the ingredients are combined, scraping the sides of the bowl to help get the dough mixed together.
Allow the dough to cool slightly for 10 minutes so that it is easier to work with.
Step #3. Roll Out the Dough Into a U Shape
Tape a large sheet of parchment to your counter.
Portion the dough into 9 equal portions. This will make medium-sized pretzels!
First, make a long snake out of your dough using your rolling pin. Then, form the letter U.
Step #4. Lay the Left Leg On Top of the Right One
Next, pick up the left “leg” of the U, and put it on top of the right one to create a loop.
It should look like the photo below.
Step #5. Twist the “Legs” Once
Pick up the legs and twist them once, putting the left one underneath the right one – it's like rope braiding!
It should look like the photo below.
Step #6. Pull the Legs Down and Form a Pretzel Shape
Now you are ready to make it look like a pretzel.
Just take those twisted “legs” and pull them down to lay them on the middle of the pretzel.
Step #7. Bake the Keto Soft Pretzels
Now that you have all of your pretzels formed, sprinkle some salt on the pretzels before you bake them.
Make sure you also brush them with melted butter. Otherwise, the salt won't stick to the pretzels if you wait until the end.
Bake the pretzels in the oven at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
Keep the Keto Pretzel Dough Thin
Since the pretzels rise in the oven, roll the pretzel dough out into ropes that are no thicker than 3/4 inch thick.
In other words, you want them to look like thin snakes.
That way, they maintain their shape and you can spoon Reuben dip on top – yum!!
Make the Reuben Topping
Now its time to take these keto soft pretzels to the next level!
A classic Reuben sandwich consists of corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and Thousand Island dressing and those are the exact ingredients in our topping.
All you have to do it put all the ingredients in a bowl. When pretzels are done baking, put a generous amount of Reuben dip on top.
Top with more Swiss cheese shreds and sprinkle a little seasoning on top.
Put back in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Enjoy!
Looking for More Keto Appetizer Recipes?
If you’d like more delicious low-carb appetizers that are perfectly keto, then check out these favorites:
- Keto Garlic Knots
- Keto Cheese Sticks
- Keto Chicken Wings with Old Bay
- Keto Italian Cheese Bread
- Keto Crispy Zucchini Fries
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
For the Pretzels
For the Pretzels
- Heat your oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, microwave the mozzarella and cream cheese for 1 minute. Remove and stir, then microwave again for 40 seconds. Stir again and microwave for another 30 seconds if needed or until the cheese is completely melted and there are no visible shreds.
- In a large bowl fitted to stand mixer with a hook attachment, mix together the almond flour, xanthan gum, yeast mixture, eggs, and 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Next add in the melted cheese mixture.
- Beat on medium speed until all the ingredients are combined, scraping the sides of the bowl to help get the dough mixed together.
- Allow the dough to cool slightly for 10 minutes so that it is easier to work with.
- Tape a large sheet of parchment to your counter.
- Portion the dough into equal portions (12 portions for small pretzels, 9 portions for medium pretzel, 4 portions for giant pretzels).
- Roll each dough portion into a rope shape that is no thicker than 3/4 of an inch.
- Form pretzel shapes with the dough (see the pictures above for our technique) and place them on the lined baking sheets.
- Space them at least 1.5 inches apart from one another.
- Brush on the remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter to the tops of the pretzels and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
For the Reuben Dip
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- When pretzels are done baking, put a generous amount of Reuben dip on top.
- Top with more Swiss cheese shreds and sprinkle a little Season All on top.
- Put back in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!
Make Sure To Save This Recipe or Share It!