Marinated and then topped with a Thai-inspired chimichurri, this Keto Thai Skirt Steak is full of flavor and is a great dinner option whether you are serving two or ten people. This meal is keto, low-carb, grain-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
Keto Thai Skirt Steak
This Keto Thai Skirt Steak can't be beat. It is full of flavor, can serve a large group, and so easy to make!
All you need to do is marinate the steak, grill it, and then top it with chimichurri sauce.
Really it is that simple!
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
All About Skirt Steak
- What It Is: Skirt steak comes from the bottom abdominal area of the cow called the “plate” and has a lot of tough fibers, which is why marinating the steak is a must in order to tenderize it.
- Cooking Tips:
- Cook skirt steak over high heat and don't cook it too long.
- Medium rare is the best temperature to serve the steak at.
- You can grill, sear, and bake flank steak.
- Serving Tips:
- Let the cooked skirt steak rest for 10 minutes after cooking and before slicing to let the juices redistribute.
- Eat skirt steak thinly sliced.
- Cut it against the grain for maximum tenderness.
All About Chimichurri
Chimichurri sauce is a colorful, herb-filled sauce that doubles as a marinade and is the perfect accompaniment to skirt steak. It requires only a few ingredients, but packs so much flavor and will transform anything you put it on!
We have jazzed up the traditional Chimichurri recipe with a Thai-inspired version using coconut aminos, fish sauce, and lime juice. The result is a vibrant sauce that can be used to marinate or drizzle over basically anything!
Here is a quick list of ways to use Chimichurri:
- Drizzle it over a fried egg or mix it into scrambled eggs
- Mix with mayo and make a Chimichurri Mayonaise
- Top it on chicken thighs, fish, or roasted veggies
What Equipment You Need
More Keto Dinner Recipes
Looking for more keto dinner recipes? Check out these favorites:
- Keto Filet Mignon With Blue Cheese Sauce
- Keto Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
- Keto Prime Rib With Garlic And Red Wine Au Jus
- Keto Seared Scallops With Herbed Butter
- Keto Thai Drunken Noodles
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
For the Steak
For the Steak
- Mix the ginger root, garlic, lime juice, Sukrin Gold, cilantro, and coconut aminos in a casserole dish and lay the steak on top.
- Coat both sides of the steak with marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- After 3 hours of marinade time, heat your outdoor grill or grill pan to high heat.
- Cook the steak around 6-8 minutes on both sides until the internal temperature reaches 125°F.
- Remove the steak from heat and transfer to a cutting board.
- Let the steak rest for 10 minutes (it will continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 130-135°F).
- Slice the steak in half and cut it into slices against the grain.
For the Chimichurri
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour over the cooked steak and serve.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our clean keto recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!