These Fire and Brimstone Keto Soft Pretzels will be the star of your Halloween party! They rival any standard carb-filled pretzel in terms of softness and chewiness, plus they look amazing as flames coming from a cauldron. These keto soft pretzels are keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Keto Soft Pretzels
You've never tried anything like these soft and chewy keto pretzels.
Every single bite tastes like carb-filled goodness. But there are only 4.3 grams of net carbs in each serving!
It's like keto Halloween magic!
Halloween Style Keto Soft Pretzels
To make these pretzels perfect for a Halloween party, we created a classically spooky Fire and Brimstone set up.
First, we start with the base. We used a black ceramic witches cauldron (it is on sale for $10 right now).
Next, we use a cheese sauce that is orange and has a fire-like feel.
And for the focal point, it is all about the keto pretzels that are shaped like FLAMES!
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
What's in Keto Soft Pretzels?
If you have baked any keto desserts lately, you probably have these ingredients on hand already.
Here's what you need in your kitchen to make the pretzels:
What Equipment You Need:
- Mixing bowls
- Parchment paper
- 2 half baking sheets
- Stand mixer with a hook attachment
- Black ceramic witches cauldron
But if you don't have one right this minute, you can mix the dough by hand.
Don't use an electric mixer, because that will over-mix it. You want to be careful with the yeast so it can still do its job and fluff up the pretzels.
The Best Dipping Sauce for Keto Pretzels
These pretzels taste great with so many different dipping sauces!
For this Fire and Brimstone set up, we went for a dip with an orange and red hue - our Spicy Queso (see recipe below).
Other dips that tastes great with these pretzels are:
Make the Keto Pretzels Ahead of Time
Since you will be serving these pretzels at a party, you can definitely make them a head of time.
You can store them at room temperature on the counter top for a day.
Or, put them in the refrigerator in a sealed container or bag, for about a week.
They will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 6 months.
When you are ready to thaw a few, just pull them out and put them in the refrigerator. They will thaw overnight.
Then, you can warm them in the oven at 300°F for about 10-15 minutes.
Let's Get Cooking
First off, we need to work on the dough.
The base for these soft pretzels uses a combination of mozzarella cheese and cream cheese.
In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, melt the mozzarella and cream cheese.
Make sure all the cheese is completely melted. If you notice any tiny shreds that aren't melted, keep melting it.
Create the Dough
Add in the melted cheese mixture and beat on medium speed until the dough is completely combined, scraping along the sides as you go.
This pretzel dough is going to be a super-sticky.
It's a lot easier to work with if you let it cool off completely after melting the mozzarella.
It usually takes about 10 minutes to cool down enough to work with.
Roll Out the Dough
We want the soft pretzels to resemble the look of flames coming from the witches cauldron!
We recommend using a cauldron that is about 6 inches high and has an opening of 9 inches wide. For this size cauldron, make 4 flames.
First, tape the corners of a large sheet of parchment to your counter so that it doesn't shift and move while you are rolling out the flames.
Next, divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
Then divide each of the 4 dough sections into 2 more parts with one part being bigger than the other part.
At this point, you will have 8 dough balls (4 larger ones and 4 smaller ones).
Roll each dough ball into a rope, with half of them being 14-inches long and the other ones being 12-inches long. Have each rope taper at the top (like in the picture below).
Create Keto Pretzel Flames
Using one 14-inch rope and one 12-inch rope, slowly wrap them around each other.
Carefully, transfer the flames onto parchment-lined baking sheets. (Two flames will fit on one half sheet. So either use 2 half sheets or bake these in batches if you only have one.)
Curve each flame slightly to give it a narrow S shape, just like the picture below.
Don't worry about making them look identical. The differences in each flame will help to give them more dimension and will look more "fire" like.
Season the Pretzel Flames
Brush on the melted butter and sprinkle with coarse salt.
Bake the Pretzels
Cut out four separate pieces of foil (about 2 inches long and wide).
Spray the foil pieces with cooking spray and loosely wrap them around the tip of each flame to prevent them burning.
Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Make your dip while the pretzels are baking. We made a simple Spicy Queso but feel free to use any dip you like!
When the flames are done baking, remove them from the oven and let them cool 10 minutes or so.
When they are cool enough to touch, snuggle each flame into the cauldron.
Be careful not to squish or break them and place them deep enough in the cauldron so that they don't lean or fall over.
There you have it!!! A perfect Fire and Brimstone look!! This dish will be the star of your Halloween party!
More Keto Halloween Recipes
Looking for more chocolate keto recipes? Check out these favorites:
- Halloween Keto Cauliflower “Brain” With Sweet And Spicy Curry Sauce
- Halloween Raven’s Nest Keto Chocolate Cake
- Halloween “Spider” Keto Deviled Eggs
- Halloween Keto Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Halloween Keto Soft Pretzels
For the Pretzels
For the Pretzels
- Heat your oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, microwave the mozzarella and cream cheese for 1 minute. Remove and stir, then microwave again for 40 seconds. Stir again and microwave for another 30 seconds if needed or until the cheese is completely melted and there are no visible shreds.
- Next add in the melted cheese mixture.
- Beat on medium speed until all the ingredients are combined, scraping the sides of the bowl to help get the dough mixed together.
- Allow the dough to cool slightly for 10 minutes so that it is easier to work with.
- Tape a large sheet of parchment to your counter.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts, then divide those parts into two sections (one being slightly larger than the other). You will have 8 dough parts - 4 larger and 4 smaller.
- Roll the larger dough parts into 14-inch ropes and the smaller dough parts into a 12-inch ropes, both tapering towards the top (see pictures above).
- Using one 14-inch rope and one 12-inch rope, slowly wrap them around each other to create the shape of flames.
- Carefully, transfer the flames onto the lined baking sheets. (Two flames will fit on one sheet.)
- Curve each flame slightly to give it a narrow S shape.
- Brush on the remaining melted butter and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Add Sriracha or Old Bay Seasoning onto the flames starting at the base and going 3/4 of the way up for a slightly reddish color.
- Cut out four separate pieces of foil (about 2 inches long and wide).
- Spray the foil pieces with cooking spray and loosely wrap them around the tip of each flame to prevent them burning.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow pretzels to cool completely.
For the Queso
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Slowly stir in the heavy cream continuing to stir until the mixture comes to a low boil.
- Stir in the xanthan gum.
- Add the cheddar cheese and stir until the cheese is fully incorporated.
- Stir in the Rotel.
- Let the cheese mixture simmer over low heat for 5- 10 minutes or until it's reached your desired thickness.
To Assemble the Fire and Brimstone Scene
- Place a small 5-inch bowl into the cauldron.
- Pour the Questo Dip to bowl.
- Place the cooled pretzels into the cauldron, snuggling them securely behind the dip bowl.
- Be careful not to squish or break the pretzels and make sure they are deep enough down so that they don't lean or fall over.
- Pretzels can be stored at room temperature for one day or in the refrigerator after one day.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!