The perfect weekend breakfast and brunch option, this Keto Blackberry Crumble Dutch Baby is sweet, custardy, and absolutely delicious!
All About Blackberries:
Fruit on the ketogenic diet can be tricky. Some people think you must eliminate fruit completely, while others (like us) believe that certain low-carb fruits can be included in moderation as part of a healthy keto diet. When looking at fruit, pay attention to the net carb count (total carbs less fiber).
Here are our CKL-approved fruits:
- Lemons and Limes: 4 grams net carbs/fruit
- Blackberries: 6 grams net carbs/cup
- Raspberries: 7 grams net carbs/cup
- Strawberries: 8 grams net carbs/cup
- Blueberries: 9 grams net carbs/half cup
As you can see, blackberries actually have the lowest net carb count of all the types of berries. In addition, blackberries are packed with essential nutrients and antioxidants. They contain a high level of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, as well as anthocyanins (which are antioxidants that fight against free radicals in the body).
Dutch Baby Tips:
- A cast iron skillet makes the best Dutch Baby. If you don't have one, we recommend investing in a high quality one (like this cast iron skillet) as you will end up using it ALL THE TIME. They are also oven-safe which is a huge plus.
- If you don't have a cast iron skillet, you can use a pie pan.
- Don't forget to use a pot holder when transferring the cast iron skillet in and out of the oven!! We repeat – USE A POT HOLDER! Trust us, we have learned the hard way, so don't make the same mistake that we did.
- Don't have blackberries? Feel free to sub any other berry that you have.
What Equipment You Need:
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Whisk or blend eggs, cream cheese, granulated sweetener, heavy cream, coconut flour, vanilla extract, and 4 tablespoons softened butter together in bowl.
- Put 4 tablespoons butter in cast iron skillet and put in oven. When butter is melted, pour in your batter and immediately put back in the oven to bake for 15-18 minutes or until center is set.
- While the Dutch Baby is baking, mix together the Sukrin Gold, almond flour, and 2 tablespoons of butter in a small bowl to make a crumble topping.
- Remove the Dutch Baby from the oven and top with the fresh blackberries and crumble topping.
- Turn oven down to 350°F and put the cast iron skillet back in, baking for an additional 3-5 minutes.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!