This Keto Breakfast Cake takes less than 30 minutes to make and is the perfect sweet breakfast treat! It only has seven ingredients and is great for a weekend brunch or with your morning keto coffee. The best part: it's keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Keto Breakfast Cake
Say hello to your new favorite breakfast!
This Keto Breakfast Cake comes together in less than 30 minutes and uses 7 ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen!
Just melt some butter in the skillet, mix all the ingredients, and pop in the oven for 15 minutes.
Breakfast is served!
Check Out Our Most Popular Recipe Video
What Makes this a "Keto" Cake"?
Conventional cakes use flour and sugar, which are high in carbohydrates and will give your body a sugar high (and crash!) We like to call this the "glu-coaster"!
This Breakfast Cake is keto because it uses upgraded ingredients!
- Coconut flour! This flour is a great gluten-free alternative to white flour that is lower in carbs and contains fiber.
- Keto sweetener! This recipe uses granular erythritol - we used Swerve brand that gives you a sweet flavor without all the sugar/carbs.
- Butter and heavy cream! Using high-quality dairy will give this cake lots of healthy fats, which will keep you satisfied and in ketosis.
What Ingredients You Need
This keto breakfast cake only needs seven ingredients:
- Eggs: Opt for organic, pastured eggs for the best taste and nutrient profile.
- Butter: We recommend unsalted butter. If possible, grass-fed butter is best.
- Heavy Cream: Opt for organic heavy cream for the best quality. You can also sub full-fat coconut cream.
- Cream Cheese: This will make the cake very creamy yet light! Opt for organic.
- Almond Extract: We recommend an organic version for the best taste! If you don't have this on-hand you can omit it from the recipe.
- Keto Sweetener: We used Swerve sweetener for this recipe, but any keto granulated sweetener will do!
How to Make the Keto Breakfast Cake
This recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes and is super simple!
- Step 1: Preheat the oven. Add butter to your skillet and put it in the oven to melt.
- Step 2: Mix the other ingredients in a bowl and add to the hot skillet once the butter has melted.
- Step 3: Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Step 4: Top with your desired toppings and serve!
Best Toppings for This Keto Breakfast Cake
You can add a keto chocolate drizzle or some low-carb berries on top!
This breakfast cake will be a hit in your family and will have them asking for seconds.
How to Store Leftovers
This recipes serves 4, but you can easily increase it to serve a larger group (like for a brunch party).
Just use additional skillets as you increase the servings.
This recipe is best served warm, but you can store any leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
Then just re-heat it in the oven or you can pan-fry it in a little butter in a skillet.
More Keto Recipes
Looking for more keto inspiration, you should make these keto recipes next!
- Keto Coffee Cake
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
- Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- Keto Cheesecake with Chocolate Chips
- Keto Pancakes with Blackberry Syrup
- Ham and Gruyere Keto Egg Puffs
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
Keto Breakfast Cake
For the Breakfast Cake
- Heat your oven to 425°F.
- Place the butter in a cast iron skillet (or other oven-proof skillet) and transfer to the oven.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining ingredients together in a mixing bowl to make the batter.
- Carefully with oven mitts or a pot holder, remove the skillet from the oven when the butter is melted and pour batter into skillet. Make sure the batter covers the bottom of the skillet completely.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until it gets bubbly and golden brown.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and love seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!