This Keto Cheesecake with Chocolate Chips is the perfect and easiest low carb dessert. No one will know that this creamy cheesecake is keto. It tastes just like (if not better) than the real thing! This cheesecake is keto, low-carb, paleo, grain-free, and gluten-free!
The Very Best Keto Cheesecake
This cheesecake has all the flavors you love without the carbs.
The texture is a tad different than a typical cheesecake. It's softer. It's sort of like a basque cheesecake, but less custardy. It still melts in your mouth and has the same burnt edges.
If you love rustic pies with all the cracks and flavors from baking homemade desserts, then you will adore this recipe!
Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Sometimes, you are just in the mood for something sweet and with lots of chocolate. That's why we made this keto dessert.
In fact, it has so many healthy ingredients in it that you could even get away with eating a slice for breakfast.
Here's what's in this delightful cheesecake.
For the Crust:
- Butter: We recommend unsalted butter. If possible, grass-fed butter is best.
- Egg: The size of the egg doesn't matter.
- Vanilla Extract: Use 100% pure vanilla to ensure the best flavor.
- Granular Erythritol: Our favorite is Swerve. It has the best taste without any aftertaste.
- Almond Flour: Use super-fine almond flour, not almond meal. It will have a better texture.
For the Cheesecake:
- Cream Cheese: Use full-fat cream cheese. It has the best flavor and texture.
- Eggs: Any size of eggs will work great here.
- Granular Erythritol: Swerve is the best keto sweetener we've found. You can also use erythritol too.
- Vanilla Extract: The cheesecake will have the most robust flavors if you use pure vanilla extract.
- Heavy Cream: Use full-fat heavy cream. It will give it the creaminess you want.
- Coconut Flour: This is an excellent source of iron. If you don't have any, you can use almond flour or cassava flour as a replacement.
- Chocolate Chips: Use sugar-free chocolate chips. These are optional.
How To Make Keto Cheesecake
There are two main steps for this cheesecake.
First, you need to bake the crust first. Second, then you bake the cheesecake layer in the crust.
Let's go over all the steps in detail now!
Step #1: Make Keto Cheesecake Crust
First, preheat the oven to 350°F. Then, mix together all the crust ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Transfer the ingredients to your lined pan. Use your hands to press the crust mixture down into the pan and create an even layer.
Don't worry about putting crust along the sides of the pan. You just need enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
It should look like the picture below.
Step #2: Make Your Cheesecake Filling
Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add in the eggs one at a time, beating in between each egg addition. Once the eggs are added beat for a few more minutes or until fluffy.
Then add in the erythritol, vanilla, heavy cream, and coconut flour and beat again for another minute.
Pour the mixture on top of baked crust layer and use a spatula to smooth is into one even layer.
Sprinkle with chocolate chips on top. This steps is optional, but adds a great flavor element.
Bake for 45 minutes or until the top starts to turn golden brown.
Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.
Cut into slices and serve cold.
A Perfectly Rustic Keto Cheesecake
This is how it will look after it bakes. Just look at that melted chocolate and the beautiful cracks.
Imagine sinking your teeth into this indulgent treat!
If you have any leftovers, store them in the fridge in a sealed container.
What Type of Pan To Use
We suggest using a springform pan if you can. This will make slicing and serving the cheesecake easier without breaking it.
If you don't have a springform pan, you can use these alternates:
- Disposable foil pan
- Line a regular cake pan with parchment paper
Can You Freeze Keto Cheesecake?
This actually does freeze really well. After you bake it, let it cool completely.
Then, you can store it, sealed, in the freezer for up to 3 months.
We suggest storing it in a disposable aluminum pan with an airtight lid.
More Keto Dessert Recipes
Looking for more keto sweets and treats? Check out these favorites:
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
For the Crust
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granular erythritol
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
For the Cheesecake Layer
For the Crust Layer
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combined the butter, egg, vanilla, almond flour, and sweetener.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the lined springform pan and bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown.
For the Cheesecake Layer
- Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add in the one at a time, beating in between each egg addition. Then beat for a few more minutes or until fluffy.
- Add in the erythritol, vanilla, heavy cream, and coconut flour and beat again for another minute.
- Pour the mixture on top of baked crust layer. Sprinkle with chocolate chips on top (optional).
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the top starts to turn golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan. Cut into slices and serve cold.
- Keep any leftovers refrigerated in a sealed container.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!