Be the hit of your Fourth of July party with these Keto Chocolate Cake Pops!! They will not only feed a large crowd, but both kids and adults love them! These cake pops are a keto, low-carb, grain-free, gluten-free treat made to share with family and friends.
All About Keto Chocolate Cake Pops
No one will know that these Keto Chocolate Cake Pops are keto (unless of course you tell them)!
They taste absolutely incredible and the recipe makes 50 cake pops so there will be plenty to go around!
And bringing your own clean keto dessert to a family gathering, party or barbecue is the most effective way to ensure you stay on track while at the same time also being able to enjoy a fabulous chocolate treat without worrying about all the sugar and carbs!
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
What You Need to Make Keto Cake Pops
Have you ever made cake pops before? If not, this is a really easy recipe that is super simple to follow.
Plus a few more items from your kitchen:
Make the Keto Cake Pop Batter
The first step is to make the chocolate cake batter.
Then mix up the cake batter in a large bowl and spread the batter into the lined baking dish and let it bake for 25 minutes or so.
Crumble the Chocolate Cake
After 25 minutes, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool slightly.
This is the hard part – try not to eat the cake. It'll smell amazing, but set is aside and let it cool for at least 5 minutes.
When it cools down, take a fork to the cake and crumble it up.
Make the Cream Cheese Frosting
Next, make the cream cheese frosting. This frosting couldn't be easier to make.
Just mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl and then mix your cake crumbles into the frosting.
Pro Tip: Save this frosting recipe cause you can use it again on other keto desserts.
Form the Cake Balls
Now you are ready to make the cake balls.
Put some parchment paper down on a baking sheet so the balls don't stick.
Form the cake crumble batter into 1.25? balls and line them up on the baking sheet.
After you form the balls and put them on the baking sheet, put the entire thing in the refrigerator.
Let them chill for 30 minutes. This is a very important step because it will harden the ingredients and prevent the cake balls from falling apart.
Melt the Chocolate and Coconut Oil
While the keto cake balls are chilling, you can melt the chocolate and coconut oil.
We used a double broiler but feel free to microwave the mixture. If you melt it in the microwave, take it out every 30 seconds or so and stir it.
For your melted chocolate, you want a bowl or pot that is small and doesn’t have a large diameter, or else it will be difficult to fully coat the balls in such a shallow pool of chocolate.
You can always melt your chocolate in one bowl, and then pour it into a smaller one when it is time for dipping.
Dip the Cake Pop Stick into the Chocolate
After 30 minutes, you will be ready to dip the cake pop sticks into the melted chocolate.
First, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then dip the tip of the stick in (about 3/4” of the tip) in the melted chocolate before sticking it into your cake ball. This helps the stick to stay in the cake ball.
Avoid putting too much chocolate on the sticks, that way you don't have any extra chocolate sticking out of the pretty cake pops.
Next, insert the stick at a 90 degree angle into the ball when it is just about to the other side of the ball.
Now you are ready to dip the cake pops into the melted chocolate. Slowly rotate the cake pop in a circular motion to fully coat the cake ball. Let the chocolate drip back into the bowl before setting the cake pops down on the lined baking sheet.
Repeat the process for each cake pop.
Transfer the coated cake balls to the fridge to set. Once the chocolate has set completely, decorate them with the red and blue ribbons.
Store these keto chocolate cake pops in the fridge until ready to serve.
Keto Chocolate Cake Pop Tips
- Be Prepared: Buy your cake pop sticks ahead of time. You can find them at any craft store or buy them online. We recommend buying them in bulk, so you always have some on hand. A pack of 100 sticks in only $5 on Amazon.
- Keep Your Cake Balls Small: Don't make your cake balls too big! Cake balls that are too big are prone to falling apart during the chocolate dipping process. We found that 1.25 inches round is a perfect size.
- Keep Your Chocolate Melted: Reheat your melted chocolate coating as needed to keep it nice and melty.
- Refrigerate The Cake Balls: Make sure to refrigerate the cake balls for at least 30 minutes so that they are cold when you dip them in the melted chocolate. Don't skip this step! This will keep the chocolate from running down to the base of the cake pop too much. Also, store your finished cake pops in the fridge.
More Keto Chocolate Recipes
Looking for more chocolate keto recipes? Check out these favorites:
- Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Triple Chocolate Doughnuts
- Keto Apricot And Pistachio Dark Chocolate Bark
- Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
For Cake Balls
For the Frosting
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup keto sweetener (confectioner is preferred, but granular is still okay)
For the Cake
For the Frosting
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl.
- Next, mix your cake crumbles (from above) together with your frosting.
- Roll the mixture into 1.25” balls and place them in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
For the Chocolate Coating
- Melt chocolate and oil using a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Dip the tip of the cake pop stick in the melted chocolate, then stick it in the ball.
- Roll the ball around in the melted chocolate at an angle until coated.
- Let the excess chocolate drip off and place the cake pop back on baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining balls.
- Garnish your cake pops with red and blue bows (optional).
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!