Be the hit of your Fourth of July party with these Keto Chocolate Cake Pops!! They will not only feed a large crowd, but both kids and adults love them!
All About Cake Pops:
Bringing your own keto dessert to a family gathering, party or barbecue is the most effective way to ensure you stay on track while at the same time also being able to enjoy a fabulous chocolate treat without worrying about all the sugar and carbs!
These Keto Chocolate Cake Pops are a win-win, because no one will even know these are keto (unless of course you tell them)! They taste absolutely incredible and the recipe makes 50 cake pops so there will be plenty to go around!
Keto Chocolate Cake Pop Tips:
- Roll your balls while they are still just a tad bit warm or room temperature.
- You can buy your cake pop sticks at any craft store or on Amazon. If you can’t find them, you can use bamboo skewers instead. Cut them to be 6” if needed.
- Reheat your melted chocolate coating as needed to keep it nice and melty. The cake balls are more prone to falling apart as the chocolate cools so store them in the fridge before serving.
- For your melted chocolate, you want a bowl or pot that is small and doesn’t have a large diameter, or else it will be difficult to fully coat the balls in such a shallow pool of chocolate. You can always microwave your chocolate in one bowl, and then pour it into a smaller one when it is time for dipping.
- Coat your cake balls in the melted chocolate after the cake balls have cooled to room temperature. Coating them while warm may make them more prone to breaking.
- Dip the tip of the stick in (about 3/4” of the tip) in the melted chocolate before sticking it into your cake ball. It helps the stick to stay in the cake ball and it also keeps the melted chocolate from getting on the stick above the cake ball.
- Insert the stick at a 90 degree angle, and insert it just about to the other side of the ball.
What Equipment You Need:
For Cake Balls
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons coffee
- 3 eggs, plus 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup keto granular sweetener (we used erythritol)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 cake pop sticks
For the Frosting
For the Cake
For the Frosting
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl.
- Next, mix your cake crumbles (from above) together with your frosting.
- Roll into 1.25” balls.
For the Chocolate Coating
- Melt chocolate and oil over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Dip the tip of stick in the melted chocolate, then stick in the ball.
- Roll the ball around in the chocolate at an angle until coated.
- Let excess chocolate drip off.
- Place on parchment lined sheet and sprinkle with desired topping while the chocolate is still wet.
- Repeat with remaining balls.
- Garnish with red and blue bows (optional).
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!