We don’t know what this is called where you are from, but from where we are from it is called a Keto Cookie Monster!
The Best Keto Dessert Ever?
A Keto Cookie Monster is chocolate chip cookie dough that has been baked in a cast iron skillet and topped with ice cream. It is so ridiculously good!
Let's go over why this is Keto Cookie Monster is the BEST EVER!
- It Mixes Hot With Cold! We take a warm, melty hot cookie base and then top it with cold, creamy ice cream. Perfection! The contrast in temperatures is super appealing.
- Dark Chocolate! We love our chocolate really dark and it makes the best ice cream!
- Dense Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookie Base! The butter and almond flour in this recipe makes this cookie so rich and decadent! Keto Cookies make the best cookies!
So don't delay any longer and make this recipe as soon as possible!!
Keto Cookie Monster Pro Tips:
- This recipe will make a whole batch of cookie dough and ice cream. We fit the all the dough into a cast iron skillet.
- Using up all the dough for the Keto Cookie Monsters will feed about 10-12 people.
- Double the batch and freeze the rest. It should keep frozen pretty well for about 2 weeks.
- This ice cream recipe makes some pretty dark chocolate ice cream. If you want it a little lighter, we suggest using 6 tablespoons of cocoa powder instead of 8.
- And one last note, the carb count depends on the kind of chocolate you use. So keep that in mind.
Although the keto diet prohibits sugar, you can still enjoy upgraded versions of your favorite desserts. With just a few simple swaps, you can turn a carb-loaded dessert into a fat and protein-filled treat that will keep you satisfied and won't send you on the “glu-coaster”.
The desserts that you typically find in a grocery store are loaded with sugar, highly processed additives, and practically no nutritional value at all. However, the Clean Keto Lifestyle is all about enjoying food while knowing the nutritional value behind it.
Keto Dessert Swaps:
- Swap #1: Swap white flour for almond flour! It adds more nutrients and makes the dessert more filling.
- Swap #2: Swap sugar for erythritol! It's a staple for keto desserts and recipes.
- Swap #3: Swap brown sugar for Sukrin Gold! If you are unfamiliar with Sukrin Gold, it is a brown sugar substitute made from erythritol and stevia. It really does have the warmth and texture of brown sugar that you just can't get from regular erythritol.
What Equipment You Need:
- Measuring cups
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer (stand mixer or hand mixer)
- Cast iron skillet
- Ice cream maker
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
For the Cookie
For the Cookie
- Beat butter, oil, Sukrin gold, and granular erythritol in large bowl with an electric mixer.
- Add in vanilla extract and egg and beat for another minute.
- In medium bowl, mix almond flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt. Pour half of dry mixture into wet mixture and beat. Pour the rest in and beat again.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Press cookie dough into cast iron skillet, about 3/4” -1” thick.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly, then top with ice cream while still warm.
- Eat right away!
For the Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- Heat coconut milk, cocoa powder, and granular erythritol in a sauce pan.
- Bring to boil, then reduce.
- Whisk egg yolks in small bowl. Temper the yolks by pouring a 1/4 cup of coconut milk mixture into the yolks and whisk quickly.
- Add one more 1/4 cup and whisk. Then pour everything back into the sauce pan.
- Add in extract and turn heat off. Allow to cool.
- Proceed to make ice cream in your ice cream maker according to your manufacturer's instructions.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!