This Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet is the ultimate keto dessert. Who wouldn't love a giant cookie eaten straight out of the oven and topped with chocolate ice cream?! This skillet is keto, low-carb, gluten-free, and grain-free.
This Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet Is The Best
Our Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet is a chocolate chip cookie that has been baked in a cast iron skillet and topped with ice cream. It is so ridiculously good!
It is also referred to as a pizookie, cookie monster, or cookie sundae.
Whatever you call it, we can all agree on one thing – it is the ultimate crowd-pleaser!!
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
The Best Keto Dessert Ever
Let's go over why this is Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Monster is the BEST EVER!
- It Mixes Hot With Cold! We take a warm, melty hot cookie base and then top it with cold, creamy ice cream. Perfection! The contrast in temperatures is super appealing.
- Dark Chocolate! We love our chocolate really dark and it makes the best ice cream!
- Dense Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookie Base! The butter and almond flour in this recipe makes this cookie so rich and decadent! Keto Cookies make the best cookies!
So don't delay any longer and make this recipe as soon as possible!!
Keto Dessert Swaps
Here at Clean Keto Lifestyle, we love to “keto-fy” recipes to lower the carb count and up the nutrition profile!
Let's go over the swaps we made for this recipe:
- Swap #1: Swap white flour for almond flour! It adds more nutrients and makes the dessert more filling.
- Swap #2: Swap sugar for erythritol! It's a staple for keto desserts and recipes.
- Swap #3: Swap brown sugar for Sukrin Gold! If you are unfamiliar with Sukrin Gold, it is a brown sugar substitute made from erythritol and stevia. It really does have the warmth and texture of brown sugar that you just can't get from regular erythritol.
Keto-Friendly Chocolate Brands
Luckily with the gaining popularity of the keto diet, low-carb chocolate brands do exist!
Some of our favorites are:
- Lily's Brand – Is sweetened with stevia and erythritol and doesn't contain any added sugars or artificial sweeteners. There can sometimes be a bad aftertaste with stevia, but you can't taste it at all with this brand.
- Choczero – Is sweetened with monk fruit and doesn't contain any added sugars, sugar alcohols, or artificial sweeteners. This is a great option if you don't tolerate stevia or erythritol well.
- Macalat – Is sweetened with a combination of erythritol and monk fruit. It is made from all organic ingredients and also includes a touch or vanilla and cinnamon.
Be careful with the types of chocolate you buy and always look at the labels for the ingredients and added sugar amount.
For this recipe we used Lily's Chocolate Baking Chips.
What Equipment You Need
More Keto Chocolate Recipes
Looking for more chocolate keto recipe? Check out these favorites:
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
For the Cookie
For the Cookie
- Beat butter, oil, Sukrin gold, and granular erythritol in large bowl with an electric mixer.
- Add in vanilla extract and egg and beat for another minute.
- In medium bowl, mix almond flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt. Pour half of dry mixture into wet mixture and beat. Pour the rest in and beat again.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Press cookie dough into cast iron skillet, about 3/4” -1” thick.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly, then top with ice cream while still warm.
- Eat right away!
For the Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream
- Heat the coconut milk, cocoa powder, and granular erythritol in a saucepan.
- Bring to boil, then reduce the heat to low.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a small bowl. Temper the yolks by pouring a 1/4 cup of coconut milk mixture into the yolks and whisk quickly.
- Add one more 1/4 cup of the mixture and whisk again.
- Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan.
- Add in the vanilla extract and turn the heat off.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Proceed to make the ice cream in your ice cream maker according to your manufacturer's instructions.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!