This 5 Ingredient Keto Mocha Ice Cream is a perfect summer time treat. The mocha flavor combined with chocolate and vanilla is out of this world! This ice cream is also keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free.
Keto Mocha Ice Cream
Our Keto Mocha Ice Cream and it is absolutely fabulous! Intense coffee and chocolate flavors combine for one decadently delicious treat!
I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream!! Summer is officially here and that means one thing - it is Ice Cream Season!
Ice cream is something that translates into keto very nicely because it is already high fat. Just sub out the sugar with your favorite keto sweetener and you have a low-carb dessert.
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
Chocolate and Coffee
Chocolate and coffee go together so well.
These ingredients are a classic pairing for ice cream and this Keto Mocha Ice Cream combines both flavors in one irresistible dessert.
To get the fresh mocha taste, we are simply using strong brewed coffee. And to get the chocolate flavor, we are using unsweetened cocoa powder.
Keto Ice Cream Base
The key to keto ice cream is creating the ice cream base. There are various types of ice cream bases.
Some recipes use an egg base to create a custard-style ice cream. While this type of custard base results in delicious ice cream, we found that a heavy cream base is just as tasty and much less work!
We've fine-tuned the ingredients and ratios for our keto ice cream over the years, and we have found the perfect combo.
Here is a breakdown for this recipe:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granular erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Feel free to sub out the heavy cream for coconut cream if you are dairy free.
Making the Ice Cream
Once you have gathered all of your ingredients for the ice cream base, all you need to do is whisk them together in a saucepan over medium heat.
Stir the ingredients together until the sweetener dissolves completely.
Next, transfer the ice cream base to the fridge to chill for at least 1-2 hours before you start to churn it.
Churning the Ice Cream
- Make sure the ice cream tin that you churn in is ice cold. Keep it in the freezer at all times so it is always ready!
- Make sure your ice cream mixture is very cold too. Refrigerate it for a couple hours to chill it completely.
- A cold ice cream tin and cold ice cream mixture will help your ice cream in the churning process, meaning it will churn faster and be fluffier!
- Add 1-3 tablespoons of vodka to your ice cream mixture to avoid having the ice cream harden into a rock when it is stored.
And that’s it! Soon you will be enjoying a delicious bowl of Keto Mocha Ice Cream!
What Equipment You Need
Looking for More Keto Chocolate Recipes?
If you’d like more delicious chocolate recipes that are perfectly keto, then check out these favorites:
- Keto Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Keto Fourth Of July Chocolate Cake Pops
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- Keto Thin Mints
- Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Samoa Keto Doughnuts with Caramel and Chocolate
5 Ingredient Keto Mocha Ice Cream
- Whisk the ingredients together until the erythritol is completely dissolved.
- Stir in the vanilla and remove the saucepan from heat.
- Transfer the ice cream base to a sealed container and transfer to the fridge to chill for at least 1-2 hours.
- Once the ice cream is very cold, pour it into your ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!