This Keto New England Clam Chowder is the best warm and hearty soup on a cold day! It is a classic comfort food that is easy to make and delicious. Our version is creamy, filling, and delicious. This dish is keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free!
Keto New England Clam Chowder
If you love clam chowder, this recipe is the perfect New England meal you've been waiting for.
Keto clam chowder is very easy to make and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients.
Perfect for a quick weekday lunch or filling Sunday dinner.
Check Out Our Newest Recipe Video
Are Clams Keto?
YES, clams are keto! They're a great high-protein and low-carb seafood option.
They're also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids and rich in minerals and vitamins.
We love this clam chowder because it's hearty, filling, and loaded with clams (and clam juice for more flavor).
What's in Keto Clam Chowder?
To make our keto clam chowder, we used the following ingredients:
- Chicken bone broth
- Clams + clam juice
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese
- Minced garlic
How to Make Keto Clam Chowder
This keto clam chowder is easy and on your table in 30 minutes.
First, you cook the bacon and set aside in a paper towel. Then, saute the vegetables until they are softened.
Next, melt in the cream cheese and add chicken bone broth, clam juice, pepper, and thyme. Once that boils, let it simmer for roughly 20 minutes.
Then, add in heavy cream and clams and season to taste. Make sure you top it with fresh thyme and bacon crumbles for extra flavor and crunch!
Can You Use Frozen Clams Instead?
We recommend using canned clams that are drained for this keto clam chowder, but feel free to substitute fresh or frozen clams.
Frozen clams may not make the "clam" taste as fresh in the chowder, but feel free to use frozen if that's what you have on hand.
Either way, this keto clam chowder will taste phenomenal.
Serve This Keto Clam Chowder with Biscuits!
Our biscuit recipe is optional but definitely worth making.
The cheesy, buttery biscuits go so well with the hearty clam chowder. We make these biscuits all the time, especially with our keto chili!
For a little extra fun, add a few herbs or spices into the biscuits!
What to Serve with Keto Clam Chowder
This is a recipe the entire family will love. They won't even know it is Keto.
Serve it with some of our favorite side dishes for an unforgettable meal.
Other Delicious Keto Recipes
- Keto French Onion Soup
- Keto Cauliflower and Leek Soup
- Keto Creamy Chicken Thighs
- Keto Chili with Biscuits
- Keto Shepherd's Pie
Keto New England Clam Chowder
- In a large stockpot, cook the bacon on medium heat until crisp.
- Remove the cooked bacon from the pot and transfer to a paper towel and set aside.
- Add the celery, onion, and garlic into the stockpot.
- Saute the veggies for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the cream cheese to the pot and stir continuously to melt it.
- Next, stir in the chicken bone broth/stock, clam juice, pepper, and thyme.
- Bring the soup mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Gradually, add in the heavy cream.
- Raise the heat and bring the soup to a boil once again, then reduce the heat to low.
- Stir in the clams and season with salt to taste. Let simmer for 2-3 more minutes.
- To serve, garnish with fresh thyme, the cooked bacon pieces, and more pepper.
Like what you see? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Love this recipe? Hit the Pin button below and share it with your friends! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by subscribing to our mailing list below!
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!