These Sticky Keto Chicken Wings are the perfect appetizer. They are spicy, tangy, and finger-licking good! These Sticky Wings are keto, low-carb, grain-free, dairy free, and gluten-free!
Sticky Keto Chicken Wings
One of our favorite things to munch on at parties - especially Game Day parties - are sticky chicken wings. There might not be very much meat on a wing, but that sauce makes theses sticky fingers worth it.
These chicken wings have layers and layers of texture and flavor.
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make one of our most popular recipes – Italian Keto Calzones.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
Keto GameDay Food
GameDay parties are notorious for having tons of high-carb appetizers and foods like chips, soda, french fries, and dips.
So how do you stay in ketosis when you go to football parties?
Honestly, that's tough. And that's why we prefer to host the parties ourselves. Then, we can control the entire menu.
If that's not an option - don't fret! Just offer to bring a dish to the party and make it keto-friendly!
Here are some more snacky foods that would be perfect for a party:
- Keto Chicken Fingers with Bang Bang Sauce
- Keto Chili with Biscuits
- Keto Cheese Sticks With Havarti and Dill Dipping Sauce
- Keto Garlic Knots
What Is In the Sticky Sauce
The best part about these wings is that there isn't any sugar!
Instead we made this keto wing sauce with some of our favorite low-carb ingredients. Here is what we used:
- Avocado Oil - you can substitute this with olive oil.
- Minced Ginger - fresh ginger has a stronger flavor, but you can use the dried spice too.
- Thai chili garlic sauce - this gives it the spice and heat
- Coconut aminos - you can use low-sodium soy sauce if you want, but coconut aminos are better for keto dieters.
- Balsamic vinegar - Don't skip this. It gives it a deeper flavor profile and thickens the sauce.
This recipe makes 16 whole wings. But they are so incredibly delicious that you might want to make extras so you don't run out.
How To Make Sticky Keto Chicken Wings
This is a very simple recipe. The only kitchen equipment that you need are:
- Baking sheet
- Small saucepan
- Large bowl
The entire recipe is at the bottom of this post, in the printable recipe card.
But here's an overview with step-by-step pictures.
Step #1. Bake the Wings
Use paper towels to dry off the chicken wings and put them on a baking sheet and rub them with oil.
Put them in the oven and bake at 400°F.them until they are fully cooked - about 35 minutes or so.
Step #2. Make the Sticky Sauce
You'll heat this on the stove until it thickens. Are you drooling yet? You will be after you make this sauce!
After it's nice and thick, put the cooked wings in a large bowl and pour the sauce over them.
Step #3. Set the Wings Out
Now they are ready to eat!
Transfer the wings to a serving platter in a single layer.
And grab some sesame seeds from the pantry and chop up some cilantro.
Step #4. Add The Garnishes
Sprinkle the sesame seeds and cilantro on top of the wings to add some color and a pop of flavor.
They will stick to these sauced-up wings without any problems.
Now serve these to your guests and watch everyone eat them right up!
Keto Sticky Wings Tips
As you make the wings, here are some tips that will help you out.
- Whole or cut wings both work. Keep your wings whole or cut them in half. Either way works. You just have to make sure the chicken cooks completely in the oven.
- Follow proper chicken cooking temperatures. While white meat chicken is best when cooked to 165°F, dark meat chicken, such as wings, can be cooked to a higher internal temperature. We like to take them out of the oven when they reach 175°F.
- Don't forget to pat the chicken dry. Patting the chicken dry with paper towels and rubbing olive oil on the wings will help the skin to crisp. Cooking them at 400°F ensures for very crispy skin, which helps the sauce to stick to the wings.
- Broil for crispy chicken wings. If your wings are not as crispy as you'd like them to be, broil them for just a couple minutes.
How to Store Keto Sticky Chicken Wings
If you have leftovers, that's fantastic! They reheat really well.
Save them for the next day's lunch or as a low-carb snack. Just keep them in an airtight container with a lid.
They will stay good in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Sticky Keto Chicken Wings
- Heat your oven to 400°F.
- Pat your wings dry with paper towels and place them on a large baking sheet.
- Rub the wings with oil, then bake for about 35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 175°F.
- Allow the sauce to simmer and thicken for 15 minutes.
- When the wings are ready, remove them from the oven and carefully place them in a large bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the wings and toss to get them thoroughly coated.
- Transfer the wings to a serving platter and sprinkle the sesame seeds and chopped cilantro over top.
We Can't Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person's unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!